Friday, December 11, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
1. Well this morning just started out SUPER! (insert sarcasm there!) Running late, got in my car, no gas....just great! Filled up at the gas station and five minutes later was pulled over by a cop for going 56 in a 45! YUCK! That stupid cop is always there too! SO mad!
2. Merry Christmas to me! I will be spending a Saturday before Christmas in driving school! Now who has time for that on a Saturday before Christmas!! I guess I will be out shopping with Rylee during vacation! Oh yay! (insert sarcasm!)
3. Rylee's one year check up is today after school. I usually beg Paul to come with me because of the first time I went alone (catch yourself up here!). Well of course Arizona trees must be made of toothpicks or something because every time there is a little wind (ha!) trees go down and fall into houses, fences, and roads. Which brings me to Paul and his crazy busy schedule today! YUCK! People need fences=Paul SUPER busy=me alone at the dr with Rylee with vaccinations and TWO flu shots! GREAT!!! (insert sarcasm!)
4. We turned Rylee's car seat around to face the front on Sunday night. She gets in the car on Monday morning and thinks this is the greatest thing ever! She has NOT taken a nap in the car since!! Ugh! This is not going to work! Or maybe it will....because I am a working mom that is ready for her 1 year old to only have one nap and be cranky for me all night! (insert sarcasm!)
5. Since Rylee has been in the car seat facing forward, she is either screaming her head off or laughing hysterically! Guess which one she chose to do when the cop pulled me over....LAUGH HYSTERICALLY! Ugh!! The one time I want her to be screaming and crying as loud as she can....she laughs!! I thought maybe the cop would take some pity on me and let me go if she was crying. Guess I will never know. Oh but she started crying right when we pulled away. S-T-I-N-K-E-R!!!!
6. On a happier note....the past four dinners I have made at home (not counting my crab muffin snacks over the weekend!) have been new recipes!! All have been good (except the tuna cakes that were good, but just not worth all the effort! Last night I made this.
It was really yummy! I love making meals like this because then lunches are made for the next day! LOVE that!
7. I am craving sushi and think I need a night out for some sushi and a movie! I have heard so many GREAT reviews about The Blindside that I think I might be 40 before I get to see it! Oh wait...I am still waiting to see The Hangover which I think everyone and their mom has seen too!
8. On Saturday we were at a birthday party for my niece, Phoebe. The party was at Skateland in Chandler and on the other side of the parking lot was a store called Ribbons and Lace. Well I just HAD to go in and check it out! MILLIONS and MILLIONS of ribbons (and lace) inside. While there I also signed myself up for a class to learn how to make the bows that Rylee wears (or insists on pulling off 100 times a day)! Paul is just too excited for me to take this class so he can stop seeing Etsy receipts in his email inbox. (If I was smart I would change the PayPal to my credit card not his....but I guess I am too lazy!)
9. I hate when my favorite item on a restaurant menu shows up on the Top 5 Worst things to eat at a restaurant! So annoying! THIS is one of the worst things on the menu at Cheesecake Factory! I think I order this about 90% of the time I go there! :o(
10. 8 more days till Christmas break! Wahoo!
Friday, December 4, 2009
Thursday, December 3, 2009
(Just love the glare from the toaster! ha!)
This was after I ran errands to Safeway to pick up the 36 cupcakes for the same party!! Of course I then had to run into Michael's, Party City, the dry cleaners and Kohl's! (My schedule today reminds me of what Mel Terkelson's schedule is like everyday!! Single mom, two wonderful kids, full time super-teacher...I swear she does it all with never complaining!) Love it!Oh My Goodness! This sleeping beauty (yes she is under there somewhere!) will be ONE tomorrow!! I can't believe it, I won't believe it, I don't want to believe it!!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
2. I think this is the longest I have waited to order my Christmas cards. I need to be more on top of things! Especially when it takes 2 weeks to mail something overseas!
3. It's not a good thing when I feel like my students have "checked out" and we have 3 weeks left of learning! Especially since we are on the hardest chapter in our math book! Yuck!
4. Last year at this time I was finalizing sub plans for 8 weeks! I could definitely use 8 weeks off this year!
5. People have come and gone looking at our "clean" house and no offers! I bet it's because we live against the noisy street! I don't blame ya people!!
6. I just love the holidays and am kinda sad we are going against decorating for Christmas. I think my wreath and doormat are as festive as we are going to get this year! :o( (Although this does save me from saying "no" to Rylee 800 times to stay away from the tree!)
7. I am in need of a CD player/tape player for my classroom! Some Christmas music playing while the students work would be so relaxing!
8. I know it's only Tuesday but this week I am making all new recipes! (Expect for Wednesday because we are going to Paul's mom's house for David and Garet's birthdays! Two brother-in-laws with same b-day!) Last night I made this.....
Ravioli Bake. It was SUPER easy and SO yummy!!! (Ravioli, sauce, cheese...what's not to like!?!) The ravioli's went in FROZEN. Took me 4 minutes to make! LOVE THAT!
Tonight I am making these....
Tuna Cakes.....Stay Tuned!!
And then Thursday my plan is this.....
Saucy Mexican Chicken.
*I was even so nice to add the link to the recipe for y'all! :o) Super easy!
9. My plan for Rylee's Friday night meal (her actual birthday) was to make her favorite meal. Well considering she hasn't spit one thing out yet (except Gerber mac & cheese, and I can't blame her, that stuff looked nasty!) I guess that could be anything! I told Paul I wanted to go to Olive Garden since she LOVES olives but Paul thought I was crazy wanting to go to Olive Garden in "Sun City of the East" (that's what I call Alta Mesa) on a Friday night!
10. In my shopping cart for my one Cyber Monday purchase was 2 pair of boots and 3 pairs of flip flops. I am sure whoever is packing that box at Old Navy is a little confused! ha!
Monday, November 30, 2009
I failed again in my attempt for a post every day in November! I was going to back track and add a Thanksgiving picture of our family for the Thursday post and I can't find my camera!! Then I missed Saturday and Sunday so I missed 3 out of 30! (Not too bad!) So much better than last year's attempt! We have been SUPER busy around here. It's birthday after birthday this week and we end it with Rylee's on Friday!! 4 days to go......
Friday, November 27, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
1. Oh the drama of selling a house! Which by the way I realized we have NO where to go! I thought that short selling a house would be a long, drawn out process but no one threw in cash buyers into the mix. Are mortgage companies that dumb to pass down that? Oh we will see!
2. People coming into my house, looking at my house while being a MESS! Our realtor said it didn't matter what our house looked like and people actually come through with it not looking the best! WHATEVER! I guess when the first sentence on the listing says "WOW! What a ridiculous price for a golf-course property with a quarter acre lot!" people come running! Ridiculous is right!
3. My fabulous dentist now wants to schedule my professional pictures within the next month! Oh, and it can be a family picture so we can use them as our Christmas cards. Just what I have time for! Go shopping for 3 coordinating outfits for pictures! Ugh! STRESS!
4. Back to Number 1....NO where to go! I am sure a realtor is plenty busy around the holidays and doesn't want to spend their time showing houses to us! I guess a box by the river is in my future!! Ha! (SNL anyone?!?)
5. Only 4 more weeks of school until Christmas Vacation! Oh wait! That would be only 3 weeks when we come back! Thank goodness progress reports don't come out until after the break! This pile of papers to grade gives me a headache every time I look at it! Anyone want to be my personal assistant for the month of December?!
6. One and half weeks until Rylee's birthday party! I am sure the people coming through my house are loving the goodie bags that I am currently trying to put together for that! ha!
7. Meetings, parties, get togethers! Oh my calendar is filling up fast with the holidays! I think I check my calendar at least 15 times a day!
9. Instilling some Holiday Traditions for my daughter. Guess we will have to wait till next year for that one! She won't know...right? ;o)
10. Oh....I have 24 students I have to teach every day! Can't forget about them can we?!?
*I am now off to go get my H1N1 flu shot. Wish me luck that I don't pass out!
Monday, November 23, 2009
Anyway....I know this just adds to the stress of everything else since I have seen how long a short sale home can actually take, but seriously....whose brilliant idea was to do this during the holidays?!!? I need to get my butt in gear and get cleaning!! Anyone who knows me knows that I am not the cleanest person on a daily basis but when people come over...I get cleaning!! So now...not only do I have to do a thorough cleaning....I have to KEEP it clean!! EVERY. DAY. YIKES! This will be my BIGGEST CHALLENGE EVER!!
Ooohhh...Maybe a before and after shot should be in order....that would be REAL honesty right there!
Sunday, November 22, 2009
*Lesson learned from making this blog....grandparents need to be in more pictures!!
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Married 50+ years! I can only hope I am still as happy as these two 47 years from now!
Friday, November 20, 2009
*You would think that the word "texting" would be in spell check by now! ha!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Tyler being scared of the noise of the "stuffing" machine and Jackson filling her Hello Kitty!
Rylee being fascinated with the "stuffing" machine!
Rylee not sure what to think of the machine pedal and the lady, Catie, stuffing her puppy, Patch!
Good times had by all!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
So there is a post below this one for Friday...so technically I cheated a little but I still have a post for everyday in November! I was only one day off so it's not too bad.
There is a new header picture...not the greatest considering Paul is laying in the background but I will be changing it again soon anyway. I was just so annoyed with the Halloween, non-matching one that I wanted something different. Her eyes are SO SUPER blue!
I am off to the Phoenix Boys' Choir Gala tonight so I am sure I will have a post for tomorrow. :o) Have a good weekend everyone...what's left anyway!
And by the way...the Rylie spelling is highlighted by spell checker too!
Friday, November 13, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
4. Yes, I am still debating Child #2. Paul swears he is on board with whatever I decide, so it's making it hard to make a final decision. I think I will make one before I move though cause I need to sell some of this stuff that is cluttering my house!
5. I want to add a poll to the side of my blog that asks for your opinion on the issue. One kid? Two kids? But I want to know why you vote the way you do so a poll wouldn't help. But if you would kindly give me your input in the comments....I would appreciate it. I am going to make a pro and con list! I know what my mom, grandma and sister all have to say about the issue! (They all vote no!) Maybe they just think I can't handle two.....but I think I am doing a good job with one....what's one more...right? ;o)
6. I posted this picture on my facebook yesterday. (One of Inez's daughters posted it on her facebook) I think Rylee is saying...."I think we need one of these at our house!"
7. Supposedly all Rylee does when Baby Kaylee is there (which is only 4 hours on Mondays) is "take care" of the baby. Kaylee drops her pacifer, Rylee picks it up. Kaylee cries, Rylee points to her. I think she gets this from Tyler who does everything for Rylee! My little girl isn't a baby anymore!!
8. I think that's what is the hardest about the whole thing. I LOVE babies and LOVE the baby "stage" and she didn't stay like that very long! She went from baby to toddler within 5/6 months!
9. I am sad that I am working tomorrow with all the good Veteran's Day sales going on. I guess that means I need to go to the mall after work. We will see how that goes!
10. Rylee is getting dance lessons as soon as she is potty trained! Every time ANY type of music comes on she starts moving and shaking! I don't know where she gets it from!