Tuesday, April 28, 2009
I am mad that I forgot my camera on my way out the door this morning! I wanted to post a picture of Rylee next to Baby Stellan. Pictures tomorrow!
P.S. It makes me smile that Baby Stellan's name is also highlighted when spell check goes through. Same as Rylee's.....
Monday, April 27, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
I am going to hate to be one of those people that dread reaching a milestone age, wanting to be young all the time. I hope that it doesn't happen to me...but if I am that sad over 27...then we can only wait and see what will happen at 30! Yikes! Well, I have had a pretty good day so far and wish I was treated like a princess everyday! It's only 11:00 (when I started this post) and I have already had a GREAT day!
Woke up and Paul made me Eggo waffles (deluxe I know!)
On my way to school I received a phone call from my MOM, wishing me happy birthday. First call of the day. :o) Along with so many text wishes throughout the day! :o)
Got to school and there were these AWESOME flowers on my desk that Paul had gotten for me! Along with a birthday card from Rylee Rose(and one from him too)! AMAZING. I was definitely surprised!!
Then right after I got off the phone with Paul to say "Thanks so Much!" The fifth grade teacher, Dee Dee, walked in with Starbucks! YAY! This day couldn't get any better! (The doodles on the calendar are my favorite! A doodler in school...a doodler on the job!)
Oh but wait...the day did get better!! In walks Colleen, Jackson and Ty Ty with balloons, doughnuts and a birthday card! Wahoo!
Then right as I am finishing up this post, in walks the delivery guy with more flowers from my friend Dianna!! Getting to be the end of the day so will have to post pictures of those beautiful flowers later.
Oooh...and now cupcakes from the Grofts. Dropped off on their way to San Diego. So jealous!
Thanks everyone for making this day SUPER special!! I love you all!!
(Hopefully sushi tonight will top of this great day!!)
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
2. Every time I say "bleh" I picture Karissa singing "Um bleh went the little green frog, Um bleh." Now if I could just have a picture of Karissa's face when she sings the song...that would be great! It's just priceless....eyes closed...tongue sticking out like a frog. Good times right there. Brings me back to the clubbing days. Now the Buzz, could deserves a blog all of it's own! :o)
3. One of the things on the Spring Break list was plant a mini flower garden outside, which I had been talking about doing for a long time now. Paul mentioned about a week ago that he wanted to plant a vegetable garden that has tomatoes, jalapenos and cilantro. (He thinks he knows how to make salsa all of a sudden!) So on Sunday, Paul took Rylee to Home Depot and Walmart to buy the items for his "salsa" garden. Umm..HELLO?!?! What happened to my cute little flower garden?! WHATEVER! This better be some dang good salsa. As of right now (and the salsa garden isn't even done yet), we need to grow 50 pounds of tomatoes to get our money worth! (Don't think that's going to happen!) I told Paul that maybe I would have been more energetic towards planting my garden if I liked my house. Too bad he can't take his salsa garden with him when we move...if that EVER happens!
4. I seriously have to start these Ten on Tuesday things a week in advance because my life is SO not exciting enough that I can think of 10 things in one day.
(Yay for the Howell's in their orange on Baby Stellan's page)
Friday, April 17, 2009
On April 4, Rylee Rose turned 4 months old. She is getting to be so big and learning more and more everyday! I am looking forward to spending the WHOLE summer with her! It will be a summer of fun and learning. She will be 6 to 9 months during that time so I can only imagine all the things she will be doing by then! It will be my first summer off so I know it will be a long summer but I will enjoy it while I can!
We went to her 4 month check up last Thursday and she currently weighs 15 pounds and 5 ounces. She is 25 inches long! Big Girl! We started her first taste of rice cereal that night and she loved it! Although the way the doctor's notes said to make it, I am sure it didn't really taste much like anything. Just formula off a spoon. But she lapped it right up like a puppy! :o) Since then we have also tried Oatmeal and Barely cereal. (That just does not sound appetizing to me!) Tomorrow night we are starting Green Beans. Oh I can't wait for the diaper changes then!
I had so many plans for my Spring Break and it turned out to be a LAZY week!
The goals for the week were:
-Plant a mini garden around our tree out front.
-File ALL my papers and put them in a file cabinet.
-Catch up on ALL laundry and put it away!
-Make Mother's Day invitations.
-Get Rylee's Baby Book all caught up!
Well I am sad to say that I didn't get anything done. I went out to lunch a few times, went to some stores, visited both Grandmas at work, and went for a walk with Rylee Rose. (Looking for some stupid pennies on the ground! Ugh! I need to stop being addicted to "coupons"!) I am going to work on the invitations today since that is approaching fast!
Here are some pictures to get you caught up on Miss Rylee Rose
She loves playing in her Exersaucer!
This is were she lies down and plays. Although her new thing is to scoot backwards and hide under the table. As you can see...we didn't loose her completely...there is a little hand sticking out at the top left. I don't know why we have toys. The coffee table is her own personal club house or something!
She can play under there for a long time. Talking away like there are lights or something under there! Nope...just some good quality, baby-entertaining Ikea wood.
First bite of food! Yummy! Could she be any daintier about it?
Trying to escape!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
2. I LOVE Amazing Race! I want to be on that show SO bad. I think the best case scenario would be my sister, Colleen, her husband Pat, Paul and I!! (They once had a family season) My sister thinks it would be a nightmare and doesn't want to go, Paul doesn't want to go on with me, and Pat just really wants to go also. So Pat came up with Paul and himself going! WHAT?!?! What happened to me!? I would be pleasant on that show! Why don't I get to go? I think that Pat and I should go...they have never had a sister-in-law and brother-in-law team!
4. Sushi! I absolutely love it! I am counting the days till my birthday so I can indulge in some sushi again! YAY!
Friday, April 10, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
1. All Paul wants to do in life is be a firefighter. He volunteers 24 hours a month and has for the past 6 years! As Andy Groft would say..."Why would they hire you Paul? You are their best UN-PAID employee! You do all the work for free!" I think that Paul has shown his dedication by now! It sucks to see someone want something so bad and not be able to do anything about it!
2. Today is a field trip with my fourth grade class to JA BizTown and it lasts ALL day. Tomorrow we go to Castles and Coasters and Thursday we have half day. What a waste of a teaching week! Spring Break I am SO ready!
3. I feel sorry for all the people in the world that are facing infertility. Some of the blogs I follow have been struggling with this problem for 3-6 years! I can't imagine what they go through. I LOVE my daughter and cannot imagine life without her. I complain about what I would have to pay now to have another one (or to prevent having one) and I just sit and think about what they must pay to have one. It's extraordinary what it costs to have a baby if you can't have one and WANT one SO bad. I am currently looking into becoming a surrogate mother. I think that would be so great!
4. Paul is planning his next get away...yet again. Scuba Diving in May in California. Oh the life of Paul Thomson....maybe he should start a blog, it would probably be more interesting. ;o)
5. I can't wait till May to see if I can follow through with not eating out for an entire month. I have already tried to think of 31 different meals and that part has already been challenging enough! I would say that it might help my bank account in May but come June...I will be broke as heck because I won't want to eat at home EVER! (I already have to break this promise since my Grandma's 80th birthday is in May and she wants to go to Olive Garden. How can you say no to that!?! :o)
6. June 1st is my estimated time date for "Get rid of all pacifiers in the house" day! Rylee doesn't really need one and doesn't take it very often but I think I will just throw them all away and see how it goes from there! :o)
7. Easter is my favorite holiday!! I love Spring, April is my favorite month and I LOVE Easter candy!! This house has probably been through 5 bags of jelly beans in the last 5 weeks! I know what I am giving up in Lent next year!
8. I LOVE Old Navy!! I am stalking their site hoping for some great coupons! I am desperate for a $75 off $100. oldnavyweekly.com is where to go for these awesome deals. They reset their sites usually every Friday but at stupid hours like 3 in the morning. But since I am up at 5 every morning anyway...I am hoping I have a good shot this week! Last week I got a 20% of one item and a 50% off one item coupons. I got to use them in one transaction!
9. Looking forward to hopefully starting rice cereal with Rylee Rose on Friday. She is still spitting up a lot so we are wondering if maybe the doctor will put her on soy based formula. Every time we go though he doesn't seem concerned because she is gaining weight. She is known as the "Happy Spitter." All I have to say is I am SUPER glad we didn't get those brand new couches at Costco Home right before she was born! Although, maybe if I had...Grandma Bobbee wouldn't cry when she came over and Aunt Colleen would come over more! (They HATE our couches!) Ha Ha!!
10. I am obsessed with Home Depot and if I cared about our house and I wanted to live there forever (which I don't) I would be SO broke!! I can think of at least 5 things I would love to do to our house to make it prettier but I have NO desire to put any more money into this house since I don't want to live here anymore. But since it seems I am stuck here until the market turns around, I am going to try and plant some flowers over Spring Break (but not if it costs a lot of money!).
Well that is my first attempt at Ten on Tuesday. It did take me awhile to actually think of 10 but got it done! Next week should be a little easier since I will have had 5 days of Spring Break done. Updates and Pictures to come next blog after her four month check up on Thursday!