Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. I am NOT looking forward to May. This is my attempt to not eat out the WHOLE month. I am going to try my best but I think I am going to be EXHAUSTED June 1st! I just realized that Cinco de Mayo falls in there! This is going to be HARD!! Do you really think it's cheaper to cook at home?

2. One wedding down, 2 more to go! Can't wait to go to the Hawaii and Scotland ones! Much more exciting than Chandler! :o)

3. Rylee is certainly one ROLLIE POLLIE OOLIE!! She is rolling all over the place and our carpet it turning into a rainbow. She is still spitting up so now we have splotches of orange and green on our carpet since we can't control where to put the burp cloth. Super fun!

4. Speaking of orange and green....Rylee Rose is well into the vegetables! She LOVES food and eats all of what I make! We have done beans, peas and carrots. I think sweet potatoes are next and then squash. We went to dinner on Sunday night and she sat in a highchair for about half of the dinner. (Of course it was the first half of the dinner when I didn't have to eat...but oh well.) We also gave her a sippy cup filled with water but she couldn't figure out how to get the water OUT! She just ended up getting frustrated! (Inez is going to practice with her during the week!) Sunday's dinner was our practice run for Olive Garden on Saturday since we are going during meal time! I foresee it being so much easier when she can eat puffs! :o)

5. Speaking of babysitters....what determines if you have a nanny or a babysitter? Why do rich people get to call their "care givers" nannies and us "poor" people refer to them as babysitters? Do nannies come to your house and a babysitter is one that watches them at their house? I just feel ridiculous calling Inez Rylee's nanny. Personally...I really just think of her as a friend that watches Rylee, all the while being jealous that she has the job that I want so much!

6. Only 23 more days of teaching until the summer! Wahoo! I think there is a countdown of hours in our teacher's lounge...something like 155 hours....CAN'T WAIT! I am really not even upset anymore that Safeway didn't call me back. I am going to enjoy my first summer off and not worry about working!

7. May is jammed packed with things to do. We have something on the calendar for every weekend. Well, maybe Paul had something to do....but to me, that means I am on my own while he is away which is work in itself!

8. Rylee is only 5 months old and yes, I have started to think about her schooling future. I have always wanted my kids to go to school with their cousins. I don't think that will happen anymore so I have started to think about other options. I can't wait for her to start school and the thought of a private school tuition doesn't scare me when we pay for child care now anyway. I think the private school is actually cheaper!

9. I feel like planning a Baptism is like planning a wedding. If I am going this crazy about a Baptism, I cannot imagine what birthdays, First Communions, Confirmations, and graduations will be like! Oh I just need a Phoenix home!

10. Big News! My future son-in-law(Stellan) was discharged from the hospital yesterday and is flying home today!! He is just too cute for words. And so is Rylee Rose so they would just be the cutest couple. Is it wrong that I have planned out my 5 month old's life? I think I can call myself a Stellan Blog STALKER!

I am mad that I forgot my camera on my way out the door this morning! I wanted to post a picture of Rylee next to Baby Stellan. Pictures tomorrow!

P.S. It makes me smile that Baby Stellan's name is also highlighted when spell check goes through. Same as Rylee's.....

6 comments:

Colleen said...

There is still a very distinct possibility they will all go to school together! One year at a time Kate! That's Pat and my new motto!

YAY for Olive Garden, although I am SURE you are more excited than I am, HA!

So if you come to my house and I order food out for us, does that count as eating OUT!????

Back to doing the job you so desperately desire!!! BLAH!

Roberta said...

What no Cinco de Mayo dinner out--that will be a first in a long time!!

Karissa said...

Hawaii and Scottland?! Yet in the same post you refer to yourself as poor??!!

I am far from rich and refer to Carrie and Sarah as Leila's nannies. I think I do this because I feel like I am shorting THEM if I say babysitter. They do so much more than that, ie. clean, do our errands, run Malakai around, etc.

Remember your last years Cinco De Mayo pic on your blog that you were drinking water :) Can you believe it has been a year?

XOXO

Katie Thomson said...

Colleen-I hope they go to school together. I was always jealous of all those families that had cousins at the same school!
I don't know if ordering out at someone else's house counts as "eating out." I don't know what I am going to do for my weekend in Flagstaff.

Mom-We will have to do Cinco de Mayo dinner at my house I guess. I can whip up some enchiladas, guacamole and rice!

Karissa-Yup...two trips all within 2010. I am poor now because all my money for these trips are in CDs in the bank so I can't touch it! I have to put it in one of those otherwise my savings accounts dwindle.
I never thought of the nanny/babysitter issue in that way. That's awesome that they do all that work for you! I just never really know what to call Inez besides AWESOME for all the work they do with Rylee. I have to say "they" because it's like 3 on 1 over at Inez's house. Rylee is going to be walking so soon! They do something new with her every day. I love that I can leave my child and know they are with the next best possible person!
I can't believe I was drinking water just a year ago. 40 weeks of being pregnant DEFINITELY go by much much slower than 40 weeks of a newborn...and I am only half way there!

Colleen said...

UUUUMMMMM, it should be 3 trips if we go on a cruise with Lori and John!!!

Lauren said...

If you go to Olive Garden on Saturday, isn't that MAY 2nd???