Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another Year....

I started off today not too thrilled for my birthday. Doesn't seem like a very exciting one and it's just one year closer to the big 3-0! 27 just doesn't sound as young as 23, 24, 25....
I am going to hate to be one of those people that dread reaching a milestone age, wanting to be young all the time. I hope that it doesn't happen to me...but if I am that sad over 27...then we can only wait and see what will happen at 30! Yikes! Well, I have had a pretty good day so far and wish I was treated like a princess everyday! It's only 11:00 (when I started this post) and I have already had a GREAT day!

Woke up and Paul made me Eggo waffles (deluxe I know!)
On my way to school I received a phone call from my MOM, wishing me happy birthday. First call of the day. :o) Along with so many text wishes throughout the day! :o)

Got to school and there were these AWESOME flowers on my desk that Paul had gotten for me! Along with a birthday card from Rylee Rose(and one from him too)! AMAZING. I was definitely surprised!!

Then right after I got off the phone with Paul to say "Thanks so Much!" The fifth grade teacher, Dee Dee, walked in with Starbucks! YAY! This day couldn't get any better! (The doodles on the calendar are my favorite! A doodler in school...a doodler on the job!)


Oh but wait...the day did get better!! In walks Colleen, Jackson and Ty Ty with balloons, doughnuts and a birthday card! Wahoo!


Then right as I am finishing up this post, in walks the delivery guy with more flowers from my friend Dianna!! Getting to be the end of the day so will have to post pictures of those beautiful flowers later.
Oooh...and now cupcakes from the Grofts. Dropped off on their way to San Diego. So jealous!
Thanks everyone for making this day SUPER special!! I love you all!!
(Hopefully sushi tonight will top of this great day!!)

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Hmmm, I wonder who picked out the balloons??????

Hope you aren't in toxic shock from all the sugar OR you don't have allergies from the flowers. Makes me happy that you had a good day!

Mom, I see you aren't mentioned anywhere, SLACKER!!!!!!!!!!

Roberta said...

Yep I sure do feel left out--oh well sorry Katie but I think I can still claim as being the first one to call this morning.

Katie Thomson said...

That is true...I will redo the post to include a wake up call from my MOM! YAY!

Jennifer Weworski said...

and a text from me pretty darn early :O)

Lauren said...

I may have forgotten your actual birthday, but I remembered last Friday, when we met for coffee :)!!