Friday, April 17, 2009

Four Months Old and Spring Break!



On April 4, Rylee Rose turned 4 months old. She is getting to be so big and learning more and more everyday! I am looking forward to spending the WHOLE summer with her! It will be a summer of fun and learning. She will be 6 to 9 months during that time so I can only imagine all the things she will be doing by then! It will be my first summer off so I know it will be a long summer but I will enjoy it while I can!


We went to her 4 month check up last Thursday and she currently weighs 15 pounds and 5 ounces. She is 25 inches long! Big Girl! We started her first taste of rice cereal that night and she loved it! Although the way the doctor's notes said to make it, I am sure it didn't really taste much like anything. Just formula off a spoon. But she lapped it right up like a puppy! :o) Since then we have also tried Oatmeal and Barely cereal. (That just does not sound appetizing to me!) Tomorrow night we are starting Green Beans. Oh I can't wait for the diaper changes then!

I had so many plans for my Spring Break and it turned out to be a LAZY week!
The goals for the week were:

-Plant a mini garden around our tree out front.
-File ALL my papers and put them in a file cabinet.
-Catch up on ALL laundry and put it away!
-Make Mother's Day invitations.
-Get Rylee's Baby Book all caught up!

Well I am sad to say that I didn't get anything done. I went out to lunch a few times, went to some stores, visited both Grandmas at work, and went for a walk with Rylee Rose. (Looking for some stupid pennies on the ground! Ugh! I need to stop being addicted to "coupons"!) I am going to work on the invitations today since that is approaching fast!


Here are some pictures to get you caught up on Miss Rylee Rose



She loves playing in her Exersaucer!

This is were she lies down and plays. Although her new thing is to scoot backwards and hide under the table. As you can see...we didn't loose her completely...there is a little hand sticking out at the top left. I don't know why we have toys. The coffee table is her own personal club house or something!


She can play under there for a long time. Talking away like there are lights or something under there! Nope...just some good quality, baby-entertaining Ikea wood.




"See mom...Daddy plays under the table too!" -Rylee Rose




"Look! I have toes!!" -Rylee Rose


First bite of food! Yummy! Could she be any daintier about it?

On Easter Sunday...looking just absolutely thrilled!



Trying to escape!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I hope neither of my children have wiped boogers under your coffee table! That's what I always think of when I see someone/something under tables, desks, etc. Probably stems from being a teacher and being DEATHLY afraid of what my students put under their desks! She really is SOOOOOOOO stinking cute!