Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I did it!

I jumped on the Ten on Tuesday bandwagon and I am giving it a shot! Here is goes....Ten things going on in the world of the Thomson's!

1. All Paul wants to do in life is be a firefighter. He volunteers 24 hours a month and has for the past 6 years! As Andy Groft would say..."Why would they hire you Paul? You are their best UN-PAID employee! You do all the work for free!" I think that Paul has shown his dedication by now! It sucks to see someone want something so bad and not be able to do anything about it!

2. Today is a field trip with my fourth grade class to JA BizTown and it lasts ALL day. Tomorrow we go to Castles and Coasters and Thursday we have half day. What a waste of a teaching week! Spring Break I am SO ready!

3. I feel sorry for all the people in the world that are facing infertility. Some of the blogs I follow have been struggling with this problem for 3-6 years! I can't imagine what they go through. I LOVE my daughter and cannot imagine life without her. I complain about what I would have to pay now to have another one (or to prevent having one) and I just sit and think about what they must pay to have one. It's extraordinary what it costs to have a baby if you can't have one and WANT one SO bad. I am currently looking into becoming a surrogate mother. I think that would be so great!

4. Paul is planning his next get away...yet again. Scuba Diving in May in California. Oh the life of Paul Thomson....maybe he should start a blog, it would probably be more interesting. ;o)

5. I can't wait till May to see if I can follow through with not eating out for an entire month. I have already tried to think of 31 different meals and that part has already been challenging enough! I would say that it might help my bank account in May but come June...I will be broke as heck because I won't want to eat at home EVER! (I already have to break this promise since my Grandma's 80th birthday is in May and she wants to go to Olive Garden. How can you say no to that!?! :o)

6. June 1st is my estimated time date for "Get rid of all pacifiers in the house" day! Rylee doesn't really need one and doesn't take it very often but I think I will just throw them all away and see how it goes from there! :o)

7. Easter is my favorite holiday!! I love Spring, April is my favorite month and I LOVE Easter candy!! This house has probably been through 5 bags of jelly beans in the last 5 weeks! I know what I am giving up in Lent next year!

8. I LOVE Old Navy!! I am stalking their site hoping for some great coupons! I am desperate for a $75 off $100. oldnavyweekly.com is where to go for these awesome deals. They reset their sites usually every Friday but at stupid hours like 3 in the morning. But since I am up at 5 every morning anyway...I am hoping I have a good shot this week! Last week I got a 20% of one item and a 50% off one item coupons. I got to use them in one transaction!

9. Looking forward to hopefully starting rice cereal with Rylee Rose on Friday. She is still spitting up a lot so we are wondering if maybe the doctor will put her on soy based formula. Every time we go though he doesn't seem concerned because she is gaining weight. She is known as the "Happy Spitter." All I have to say is I am SUPER glad we didn't get those brand new couches at Costco Home right before she was born! Although, maybe if I had...Grandma Bobbee wouldn't cry when she came over and Aunt Colleen would come over more! (They HATE our couches!) Ha Ha!!

10. I am obsessed with Home Depot and if I cared about our house and I wanted to live there forever (which I don't) I would be SO broke!! I can think of at least 5 things I would love to do to our house to make it prettier but I have NO desire to put any more money into this house since I don't want to live here anymore. But since it seems I am stuck here until the market turns around, I am going to try and plant some flowers over Spring Break (but not if it costs a lot of money!).

Well that is my first attempt at Ten on Tuesday. It did take me awhile to actually think of 10 but got it done! Next week should be a little easier since I will have had 5 days of Spring Break done. Updates and Pictures to come next blog after her four month check up on Thursday!

5 comments:

Karissa said...

Love that your doing Ten on Tuesday :)

Okay, am I an idot?! I literally buy something from Old Navy EVERY day! I went to the site and I DON'T GET IT! WTH am I supposed to do!!??

Katie Thomson said...

I think it is done now but I will let you know if they are doing another one next week. When you go on the site you need to start clicking everything because the coupons are "hidden." Like the boys frisbee that he is holding this week is where the 20% off coupon is. The better coupons are harder to find.

Lauren said...

Loved your list, Katie!

BTW - has AF paid a visit yet, or are you just preparing us with this whole "surrogate" thing??

Katie Thomson said...

Still haven't had the AF visit but started the "great" birth control last week since I had three negative pregnancy tests. (I hope it's still in!) And no symptoms either...but then again I went almost 2 months last time without knowing I was pregnant so I am not the best judge at that I guess :o)

Now I have to go research a little more about this surrogate mother thing because a survey on a site asked what kind of couple would I be willing to be a surrogate mother for and an option was gay/lesbian. I don't know if my work would allow that....still researching. I LOVED being pregnant and so I would love to give someone else (no matter what kind of couple they are) the outcome of a child!
I have some more convincing with Paul too since he thinks I will become attached to the baby....so we will see! I think it would be an awesome experience!

Colleen said...

If they need two babies, let me know, because I am totally down with being a surrogate!!!!!! As long as it is not my egg, TOTALLY OK!