Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. I had a whole list of things to do over Spring Break and I don't think I did any of them. I just felt "bleh" all week.

2. Every time I say "bleh" I picture Karissa singing "Um bleh went the little green frog, Um bleh." Now if I could just have a picture of Karissa's face when she sings the song...that would be great! It's just priceless....eyes closed...tongue sticking out like a frog. Good times right there. Brings me back to the clubbing days. Now the Buzz, could deserves a blog all of it's own! :o)

3. One of the things on the Spring Break list was plant a mini flower garden outside, which I had been talking about doing for a long time now. Paul mentioned about a week ago that he wanted to plant a vegetable garden that has tomatoes, jalapenos and cilantro. (He thinks he knows how to make salsa all of a sudden!) So on Sunday, Paul took Rylee to Home Depot and Walmart to buy the items for his "salsa" garden. Umm..HELLO?!?! What happened to my cute little flower garden?! WHATEVER! This better be some dang good salsa. As of right now (and the salsa garden isn't even done yet), we need to grow 50 pounds of tomatoes to get our money worth! (Don't think that's going to happen!) I told Paul that maybe I would have been more energetic towards planting my garden if I liked my house. Too bad he can't take his salsa garden with him when we move...if that EVER happens!

4. I seriously have to start these Ten on Tuesday things a week in advance because my life is SO not exciting enough that I can think of 10 things in one day.

5. Paul is the best man in a wedding on Saturday. He found out about this wedding exactly one week ago today. It is definitely wedding season. I think we have about 3 weddings coming up within a year. One is in Scotland....SO EXCITED!!

6. As much as my sister likes to try new places to eat, I think I am just a traditional girl at heart. I am comfortable with Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory and Chili's. It's hard for me to venture out to new places. I am glad that I try them but usually never return. (Although Postinos might get me back for their $5.00 wine! It was some good Riesling at 11:00 in the morning!)

7. I have officially decided that I am SO looking forward to spending the WHOLE summer with Rylee Rose. During Spring Break, I couldn't decide which one is harder...working or being a stay at home mom. Well they both are hard all on their own, each one with it's own pros and cons, but I LOVED my time with Rylee and am missing her a lot this week! It is going to be so hard to go back in August after 2.5 months with her!

8. It was a year ago on Friday (4/18) that Paul, my sister and I sat in the ER waiting room on a Friday night for 3 hours waiting to find out why my pregnancy test that morning revealed a positive answer since I had been "spotting" for a month and a half. I was discharged about 5 hours after I walked in the door with "a threatened miscarriage." Now one year later we have a beautiful, healthy baby girl! We couldn't be more thrilled! (A Friday night in a Scottsdale ER was more entertainment than we could have asked for!)

9. The broken dishwasher curse needs to leave my house ASAP!! I cannot even imagine doing all those bottles by hand!! Silly curse...LEAVE NOW!!! Otherwise I will be at Lowe's bright and early Saturday morning!!

10. I got the first of Rylee's surgery bill in the mail yesterday and it is my goal of the day to get it lowered. I need to some how convince them that I need a lower bill. Wish me luck!! This will be easier now that I know I have to buy a dishwasher! I HATE being a homeowner! I wish I could go back and do it all over!

*One for extra!--I am so mad that I didn't have any orange for baby Stellan this morning. Pray for him as he had his surgery today. He is still in surgery right now! I was seriously debating going to Target this morning and getting an orange shirt. I should have! Love baby Stellan! He's SO cute!
I can't think of anything else.....
(Yay for the Howell's in their orange on Baby Stellan's page)

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I may have Karissa's frog song on video, it was one drunken night with Kenny, remember him, wonder whatever happened to him.

YOU ARE BORING when it comes to food, I will never forget Palatte and the toast and jam!

YOU SAW OUR PICTURE on Stellan's page, yay, so excited about that-I have been refreshing every five minutes trying to get an update!

OH-and that Friday night in the SCOTTSDALE ER was priceless, man running from police, broke both legs after jumping off the building-CANNOT BEAT THAT, no matter how badly we wanted in, THAT WAS PRICELESS! And, all the crazy people that were talking to themselves, so I just walked back to your room like I belonged there, I was scared in the waiting room by myself!

Katie Thomson said...

I will have to see that video of Karissa. Good times there!

I should have tried something else at Palatte. I need to venture out!

I need an update on Stellan!! Praise the Lord that Rylee's surgeries don't take this long.

I think the best part of the ER was either you sneaking back or the guy brought in by police. Oh wait..maybe the crazy wife yelling at all the nurses. All I know is next time I go to the ER I am going by ambulance or being brought in by the police! (Hopefully I don't go back!)

Karissa said...

I probably could have gone the rest of my life without being reminded of the Frog Song! Thank you Kate and Colleen for locating a video! Let's just keep it off youtube!

Good T on T this week Kate! I have only just recently enjoyed expanding my palate and trying interesting foods.

I visited Stellan's page for the first time today. Even though you both have commented about him, I could never bring myself to do it. It hurts my heart and I cry instantly! I saw your picture Colleen...so sweet!

I didn't know it was possible to have a flower garden in Arizona...or a salsa garden for that matter!

Ahh, the stay at home/work battle! I think which ever one you do, the grass always seems greener. I will argue till I die though that staying at home was more difficult for me :)

I think I may have started the broken dishwasher curse!! I went FOREVER without one when Leila was about Rylee's age! It sucked! It wouldn't have been so long, but it took Josh 6 weeks to "install" the new one! I don't know how many times he went to Lowes for another part!