Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. Still patiently waiting for my lumineer day to approach! It is officially now August 13th since they are on vacation for two weeks. But then again, that could change August 12th when they call to reschedule again!

2. I need to go shopping for back to school- teaching clothes but am dreading it. I always go in, buy the comfortable size and the hate that size that I buy knowing/thinking that I am going to loose weight during the school year and then be pissed when I do and then I have no clothes to wear since I bought the bigger size. Now that will just discourage me from loosing weight since I won't have money to go and buy a whole wardrobe in a size smaller. What to do? Buy the bigger size and forget loosing weight this year? Or buy the smaller size hoping to use that as a motive?

3. I am going to try again tonight for the second time to go to Sushi Avenue for dinner. They must have changed their hours again because now not are they only closed on Mondays, but add Sunday as well! Hopefully they are open tonight because I am craving me some Sushi Ave!

4. I wish I had taken before pictures of my classroom so I can see the difference all this painting I am doing is making! I am off after this post to go do some more painting. Of course the guy at Home Depot sold the girl the most expensive can of paint they have! Go figure. I even brought Paul with me, but we all know how handy he is! ha! I told him I should have just gone with Jennifer, she knows a little more about painting than he does. :o)

5. We had a great time at our staycation at the Hyatt Gainey Ranch. We are off to Prescott this weekend and then have our second staycation at the AZ Grand to look forward to on Labor Day weekend. Trying to save for a Scotland vacation makes these staycations so great!

6. I am nervous about starting Rylee on a new schedule Monday morning. I never know how she is going to adapt and that could just make or break my first week back to school. I hope it goes well!

7. I have mixed feelings about going back to work. I enjoyed my summer off with Rylee but got bored quite easily. I didn't want to join any play groups because then I would just have to quit in August and then feel left out when I couldn't be a part of it later on. We hardly went anywhere during the day because it was SOOO hot so i would always wait for Paul to get home. I spent way too much money when I did go out, because what else am I suppose to do? I want to go to work but am going to miss seeing Rylee everyday! Ugh!

8. Speaking of spending way too much money. This July in Arizona was ranked the second hottest July in Arizona!! And of course I was sitting at home using more electricity than two people should be. Ever since I started paying bills my electricity bill has NEVER been over $200. Well, my July bill was $212!! I will definitely be looking for FREE things to do for Rylee and I to engage in next summer! Out of the house and using other people's electricity!!

9. I think I had a dream about Baskin Robbins last night so now I am thinking there might be a trip there after the Sushi Avenue dinner! YUM!

10. Rylee turns 8 months old today! It is super exciting and I am looking forward to planning her 1 year birthday party! Then again, it's super sad since I miss the "baby" stage!! She "grew" up WAY TOO FAST. I wish I had more money....a bigger house....patience of a saint.....

*I wish I didn't hate downloading pictures so much! Picture post to come!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

My July bill was $340, and I was quite happy with that, amazing what perspective will do for you!

Jennifer Weworski said...

My last bill was $434- I would kill for a $200 bill!

Karissa said...

Since we are all posting bills...mine was $130!! AND that's a two story, kept on 69!! I promise to never complain about my electricity bill in the future :)


I want a staycation!!

If you are in dire need of clothes at this moment, I would buy a few of the RIGHT size, because you don't want to be uncomfortable. However, don't give up on the losing weight. Just let those be motivation, and find some sort of reward for youself each week if you reach your goals :)

Josh could NEVER make enough money for me to be a stay at home mom and for me to be happy! I feel you on the whole spending money when your home thing!!

Can't wait for pics!!

XOXO

Colleen said...

Gotta point out that Karissa has it worse in the winter, usually her gas bill is really high because they have to heat the two story house (wouldn't it be three since there is a basement!?), so I won't even compare my winter electric bill to her winter gas bill!

Katie Thomson said...

Karissa-I don't think my thermostat has ever seen the number 69!! So jealous! But I guess not of your winter bill! ;o)

I wish Paul would make enough for me to stay home but even with the job he is seeking, that would be a pay CUT so I don't foresee that job in my future. But can't decide if that's really want I would want to do anyway....there are definitely pros and cons to both.