Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

This Ten on Tuesday is going to be a Ten on Tuesday, Not Me Monday Style. This comes from My Charming Kids blog a.k.a. Baby Stellan's Blog! Every Monday people blog about some imperfections and reveal a few moments they'd like to forget, not me style.


1. On Wednesday last week, it was not me who dropped of my daughter at her babysitters and then ran into Cost Plus before meeting the photographer to pick up pictures. It was not me who was late because I "ran" in to see if they had any more FREE bags that they were giving away. And it certainly wasn't me, who came out of there with NO free bag but 50 dollars off wine that included my Ed Hardy wine! See what happens when you give me a day without a baby...first stop..WINE!


2. It was not me that had to get the six bottles because then you get the 10% discount so I added 3 bottles of Firehose wine to the cart! It was not me that then went to track down Paul's cousin Angela and her captain firefighter husband, Richard all over the city of Glendale just so I could give them a bottle! It was not me that found them in a salon and was certainly NOT ME that walked in with the bottle to give to them!


3. It was certainly not me that put a hat on Rylee's head before we went grocery shopping because I was afraid to answer questions about her scar. I am not sure which one got more looks, the summer pool hat inside Fry's or the scar on her head. ;o)

4. It was not me that was dreading Monday, 10 days post surgery because now we can go back to giving Rylee a bath every night. Nope, not me. I LOVE giving her baths and trying to make a squirmy 7 month old try to SIT DOWN in a bath tub! HA!

5. It was not my lumineer day that has been changed three times now to be moved FINALLY to this coming Thursday. It is not me that wanted this SO bad and now is SO nervous! Nope!

6. It was not me that has been a commenter on many people's blogs for giveaways and found out over the weekend that I was a winner on a blog (The Cochran Crew) and I won a discount on a blog makeover! It is not me that is staying up searching millions of blogs to figure out what I want mine to look like!

7. It was not me that went on the internet and diagnosed Rylee's rash on Babycenter.com just so I wouldn't have to take her all the way to the doctor's office. She has a rash that doesn't quite look like a diaper rash so the internet said the next thing it could be would be a yeast infection. Off I go to Walmart!

8. It was certainly NOT ME that when explaining to the pharmacist where this rash was located I simply stated "surrounding her private area." Paul made SO much fun of me for that! He told me that when talking to doctors, I can call it what it really is. Or maybe I should follow Oprah and call it a va-ga-ga. (Don't even know how to spell that one!)

9. And then it certainly WASN'T ME that when the pharmacist asked, "Did you make that?" and just pointed at Rylee I simply replied yes to later figure out she was talking about Rylee's BOW! I don't have ANY clue why I would think she was talking about Rylee herself! This Walmart trip was after we had gone to Red Lobster for dinner and I didn't even have a drink!

10. It was certainly not me that called Postino's wine bar and said "I am sure that this is not a common question for a wine bar, but do you guys have highchairs?" It won't be me later today sitting with my daughter inside a wine bar, having a glass of wine with lunch! And it certainly does not bring to mind the Sweet Home Alabama scene where Reese Witherspoon is in a bar and sees her friend with her baby and says to the friend, "You have a baby!....in a bar!" NOPE! Certainly won't be me there!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Hi Katie,

I'm a cousin to Lauren's hubby Brad. She has mentioned your blog posts a couple times and I had to take a peek. I don't like when people check out our's without commenting so want to leave a note letting you know I was here!

Your posts are so fun! I enjoy your stories. This "Not Me" post had me laughing right out loud. Thanks for the inspiration!