Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. Yay for a great Fourth of July weekend! The pictures were a success and I can't WAIT to see them! We went to two BBQ's and then on Sunday had lunch with friends and watched two movies. Taken = Rylee is NEVER going anywhere without me. Curious Case of Benjamin Button = LONG, LONG movie!

2. Nails and toes turned out great. I haven't had nails in about 2 years and I can't type or text worth crap! My hair appointment was at Toni and Guy and the cut and color turned out super. It is blonder than I had in mind but I think it's just because I have gone dark the past couple times. Time for a change! :o) The stylist straightened my hair with a straightener and I LOVED it. No one has ever straightened it like that before and I am contemplating a Chi Straightener. Does anyone have one? Yay? Nay?

3. My goal before the end of July is to have a Facebook page. Yes, I believe I am going to do it!
4. When driving to Las Vegas from Arizona, they are building a bridge so you don't have to drive through the Hoover Dam. Once this bridge is complete I will NOT be driving there anymore. I will be flying every time! You cannot tell me that this bridge can be safe. NEVER!





5. On Sunday after lunch with Tricia and Andy we stopped by the Splash Pad at Tempe Marketplace. I wasn't a fan of Splash Pad's before but how can you not be? It is ROASTING outside and when Rylee LOVES water....how can you not put your child in the water for a bit. I am going to have to travel with swimsuits from now on. I heard that they have a fun water park area at the zoo so I am thinking that I might have to try that one out next. It will have to be after the 114 degree weather though.


6. I need to stop going to the grocery store. Or any store for that matter. People are recognizing us! The cashier and greeter at Fry's know us (or maybe just Rylee and her bows)! Then when walking around Fry's, a lady says "Oh, you two were just at Target!" Yes, yes we were! How many days till school starts?

7. We lowered Rylee's crib down two spots. It is so sad because that just means she is not a little baby anymore! Do all the months/years go by as fast as the first one? She managed to climb onto the bottom of a little side table we have so we figured it was a matter of time before the monkey climbed her way out of the crib! I missed a picture since my memory card is full! :o(

8. Friday is surgery day and I can't wait till Thursday night to find out if it is the same anaesthesiologist as last time. (He called the night before last time, so I don't know if all of them do that or just this one?) The one Jackson had and the one Rylee had last time. He was amazing! What would the odds be?

9. I think I have a picky eater!! I would have never thought! Ha! Yesterday for lunch we started with little cubes of avocado and she cried. I then tried little chunks of banana, she cried. Then we moved on to Gerber broccoli, carrots and cheese and she cried. I searched for some applesauce, found it...ate it right up! Then she decided that the broccoli, carrots and cheese was ok to eat. Then at dinner same thing. Didn't want the macaroni and cheese, just the apples and peaches. Then cried again through the macaroni and cheese! Ugh. I thought maybe she was sick of the pureed stuff so I have been trying more "solid" foods. Who knows? I just know one thing....I think she gets the pickyness from Paul ;o)

10. Off to do some errands. More like returning errands. I had 5 different outfits for Rylee for family pictures so now I need to go and return the 4 she didn't wear. I am so proud that I am returning them and not just keeping them! There is only so much black and white a baby can can have!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Are you starting a facebook page so that you can play Sorority Life, the most addicting game EVER!!!!!!!!!????????????????

Katie Thomson said...

No, I was starting it because I think I am the LAST person on earth to have one. (Besides Paul)

Lauren said...

Cute post!

Karissa said...

Don't forget to join my sorority house!! Lol!!

You probably know that a day does not go by that I don't straighten my hair. I started out with a Chi, but after about three in two years, my stylist recommended the GHD, which I have now had for almost two years and I LOVE IT!!

I can't wait to see the family pics, I bet they are beautiful!!

XOXO

Katie Thomson said...

Karissa- Is the GHD expensive? Can you get it at Ulta?