Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ten on Tuesday


1. We had a crazy busy week! And have another one to come! At least maybe I can fill up these next two Ten on Tuesdays! How can one person have such blue eyes?!
2. Miss Rylee had her second and FINAL surgery on Friday morning. She is such a trooper! Yes, she was a bit cranky on Friday afternoon and a couple times after that but other than that....PERFECT! She participated in all of our family activities this weekend and was great through all of them. I think the only time we did give her some Tylenol was when we were home with just the three of us. (Maybe she wasn't cranky and in pain, maybe she just wanted to tell us she was bored and where were all the people that she was used to be around since Thursday afternoon!)

We had the sides up for about a minute. Too cage like for us!

So happy while waiting patiently. She has NO clue what she's about to go in for! Poor thing!

After surgery. SO hungry!


3. Let me tell you....if Paul or I had THIS done to our heads....we would NOT have done all the things that Rylee did post surgery! I would STILL be lying in bed with my Vicodin! Ha! My c-section scar is SMALLER than this one and I took my pain medicine until it ran out with a refill! Kids are amazing! (Well at least mine is) :o)




4. What do you think goes through people's mind when they first see this? Mine would be, "Oh, poor baby, did she need brain surgery at such a young age?" The scar will look SO much better and not so dark once I can wash the dried blood off but I can't get it wet for 10 days. So for the next 6 days I will continue getting the curious eyed stares while out. (I will post a picture once I can wash it) Grow hair, Grow!! What food helps hair grow? Or is that why they make those great big bows? Right Karissa? ;o)

5. Yup. That was her LAST one. The doctor got it all out and we don't have to go back! YIPEE! Everyone who saw her right after the surgery said she looked so different, her face looked like it lost 10 pounds. Her eyes were all red and black underneath and Paul said it must have been from the doctor pulling her skin around so they had enough to make no bald spot left. So not only did Rylee Rose get plastic surgery to remove her bald spot, she also got a mini 7 month old face lift. She can never say we never paid for a plastic surgery. I am sure this is not the one she will have in mind 30 years down the road but hey....you take what you can get! And she got a bonus face lift! :o)

6. The following two items are like Baby Crack! Rylee will sit and eat endless amounts of these crunchies and then suck her sippy cup DRY with the yogurt juice inside. I will admit...I have tried one or two of the crunchies....YUM! Ok..fine! It was more like half the container of crunchies but they are GOOD. We have tried the zesty tomato and the mild cheddar!


7. I get to go and pick up the Thomson Family pictures tomorrow! I can't wait to see how they turn out.


8. My dentist appointment was moved to Monday so now I have to wait all weekend for my lumineers. I am so excited for them. Nervous, but excited!


9. I did it. I joined Facebook. Facebook is Adult Crack! SOOOO addicting!


10. Lunch with teachers, dinner with friends, dinner with Thomson family, teeth becoming Hollywood white, new tires on my car, starting to get my classroom ready....busy busy week ahead!

2 comments:

Karissa said...

I'm so happy for Rylee!! We were praying for her and her last procedure!!

Leila STILL eats those crunchers!! Why couldn't I have invented Gerber!!??

Can't wait to see the family pics :)

XOXO

Katie Thomson said...

I am going to put the fam pics up tomorrow!
Gerber is genius!
Thanks for the prayers!