Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ten on Thursday

1. I was super busy on Tuesday. We were gone from our house for 11 hours! Exhausting! I started by dropping off Rylee at Inez's house where she was greeted by all 5 (Including Inez) Gomez ladies!! I think Rylee was just as excited to see all them too! She had a blast!

2. While Rylee was partying it up at Camp Gomez, I was running errands, going to lunch with my teacher friends, and then spending a PAINFUL 3.5 hours at the dentist! July 17th is Lumineer Day! WAHOO! I can't wait. They are going to be Hollywood white! :o)

3. My first errand on Tuesday morning was Target. This is where I believe I lost my AMAZING coupon box that took me about 2 hours to make. I am really sad about this. I know that they were just coupons but I am proud to say I do use coupons and I get the Sunday paper delivered to my house, just for the coupons. I am glad that it wasn't my wallet, or my purse, but it really is sad to me. So embarrassing but I love coupons!

4. Rylee is getting tooth after tooth. The doctor said she should get one a month! Umm...I don't think so...we have 5 already! She is just a bundle of energy lately and I am anxious to start some new foods with these new chompers! I think she is over this Gerber stuff!

5. July is going to FLY by. Every day I am adding something to my calendar for July. We have Rylee's surgery, my dentist appointment, Uncle David coming to visit, lunches with teachers, Mother's Day Night Out. I am exhausted thinking about it all!

6. I have been super busy getting ready for Thomson family pictures on Saturday. We are going to do one big family picture with 15 people. There is a total of 6 kids for the picture so I am hoping they all cooperate for a least one shot! What are the chances? With all the wardrobe coordinating, hair and nail appointments, I am ready for this to happen! And then of course today, Rylee was playing with frames when Boom! One fell right on her nose! Why can I not have a professional picture taken withOUT a scrape on her nose?! UGH!

7. We returned from our first trip away from Rylee on Sunday. We left for Vegas on Friday at 2:00 and returned Sunday at 3:00. Gone for about 48 hours and it was definitely harder than I thought. It was relaxing and fun to be gambling but just hard to be away. Rylee has spent the night at my mom's house before but I think it was hard to know that if I did just want to go see her it would take 5 hours to get to her! I have seriously pondered how much Tylenol it would take to get through the flights to Scotland with a 1.5 year old!?! Maybe (hopefully) it will be easier then!! I could NOT imagine that flight going well. I think I will hand out complimentary ear plugs to the passengers upon boarding! Ha!

8. My tire drama with Honda was solved. They told me that my Honda Civic Hybrid tires at 27,000 miles were beyond the point of an alignment or rotation helping. My argument was that I was JUST there back in March and if they are THAT bad, then someone should have told me in March....not waited until they were beyond help!! So after much debate, we are getting two new tires free and we have to pay for the other two. Not a bad deal but the price of two tires at Honda would probably be the same price of four new tires at Walmart! Oh well. It's better than we expected them to do...so we will take it! I love my car so I was sad thinking I might be giving it back in a year!

9. Paul has signed up for two more scuba classes which I can only imagine come attached with more scuba trips. Oh the Joy! Why can't he like things that I like too? I just have one big fear of drowning so NO THANK YOU! And then football season starts which starts the unlimited amounts of volunteering at the stadium. I am praying very hard that this will be the LAST football season he has to volunteer! I HATE football just for this very reason. Although when he gets hired, I am sure he will be working SO much overtime that it will be just the same. (At least there will be a BIG paycheck that comes with not seeing him as much! Hopefully that will make it a little better. Poor Rylee, I will have to frame a picture of him for her room!) :o(

10. Happy Fourth of July to everyone! Have a safe and fun-filled weekend!

No comments: