Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. I went wedding dress shopping with my sis-in-law, Lorna, on Saturday and it was SO much fun. I was glad that it wasn't me getting in and out of those BIG, HEAVY, HOT wedding dresses but then at the same time, I LOVED the whole planning a wedding process! I just loved sitting and watching girls try on SO many different types of dresses. It amazes me what some people will pick out! I just want to go up to them and say.....THAT DOES NOT LOOK GOOD ON YOU!! or WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!! On a side note: Lorna got a BEAUTIFUL dress for her wedding in Hawaii! I think I got a picture of EVERY other dress she tried on EXCEPT the one she chose! Ugh...go figure!

2. Rylee chose to be sick the FIRST week of school. I had all summer to take care of her while sick and the stinker chooses right when I go back to work! The good thing is that her babysitter doesn't have other kids to watch so it's ok to still bring her with me. Her temperature when we got home on Friday was 101.3. Poor thing! I think it might just be teething or then again...maybe not. We are off to the doctor at 3:00 today! I am sure my principal is SO happy with me right now!

3. I am wishing that it wasn't so hot here so I could have a garage sale to get rid of some "crap" around our house. I cannot justify sitting outside in 110 degree weather selling stuff. And I can't imagine a lot of people getting in and out of cars wanting to "shop" in it either!

4. Excited for Fantasy Football this year!! My team name is Team K.R.A.P.! Can anyone guess with that stands for? Oh, the cleverness of my husband.....

5. I am dreading the thought of moving! We have been in our house for 5 years and have accumulated a bunch of that "crap" I mentioned earlier. Lots to pack up and move! I can only imagine how much "help" a 8 month old can really be!

6. What part of homework is confusing to students? Why do some choose not to do any at all? First night of homework and some can't even figure it out!!

7. Why was it that not only was it the first week of school that Rylee got sick, but it was also on the night that Paul arranged a babysitter, made dinner reservations and had a date night planned!?! The first time in FOREVER he has done that!! I just told myself, welcome to motherhood!!

8. I wish Paul and I both worked at Brophy only for the fact that the faculty and staff get FREE lunch every day!! Oh the time that would save me in the mornings!!

9. There is a family here at school that the wife is giving the husband one of her kidneys. How AMAZING is that? Tomorrow is the surgery day and I can't imagine how nervous those parents must be!

10. This is kinda of a downer post. I guess that's what you get for the first full week back at school! :o)

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Katie Rylee and Paul!???

Karissa said...

That was my guess!!

When are you moving? Where?

Katie Thomson said...

That would be it! Classy I know.

Don't know exactly when we are moving. Trying to sell first. Moving to the west side! :o)

Jennifer Weworski said...

I sat for a good 10 minutes trying to figure it out- guess that's why I saw nothing wrong with jenlovesbj :o)

Katie Thomson said...

That jenlovesbj still cracks me up! :o)