Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Final PUSH I needed....

To MOVE!!
Paul has been wanting to move for awhile now and I for some reason keep pushing it off! Most of our family is out here in Mesa and I want Rylee to grow up surrounded by family. But when you leave your house in the morning to cops pulling up to the house next door and then arrive back home six hours later to crime tape crossing off your driveway....I think that is the FINAL STRAW. It's more of a sad story than crazy story but when you might have a sex offender living NEXT door and a daughter inside your house.....it's time to G-O!!
We love(d) our neighborhood. Quiet, golfcourse, retirement community. About 30 houses in our cirlce and about 2/3 of the residents live in Minnesota, Illinois, etc from about May to October.
I was pulling out this morning to a car blocking my driveway so I sat there until someone came out. The lady came out and said "there is a bad situation going on, I can't move it right now, can you maneuver around it?" And then goes back inside. The other next door lady comes out as I am driving along her rocks and is on the phone and says that the cops are on their way because the next door neighbors roommate "tried something with the little girl next door." TOO SAD. I was hoping that maybe nothing happened but then returned from our sushi dinner to the forensic unit van outside as well. The cop outside said "we wouldn't be here if something didn't happen." I am currently waiting for them to leave so I can go next door and ask the "non-involved lady" if the girl is ok. I was prepared to take more pictures but people were standing outside the house and I didn't want them to think I was the paparazzi so I will just post the one that I took standing inside my garage.

Standing in our garage looking out at the crime scene tape and cop car.


An uplifting picture at our sushi dinner. Which was followed by Dairy Queen, not Baskin Robbins. Maybe I should forget about that diet that was mentioned earlier.....

So the next couple weeks will be filled with phone calls about our options for our house. So when the neighbors come and ask, "Oh-why are you moving?" I can respond, "Well we really don't like coming home to crime scene tape crossing off our driveway." I feel so bad for the little girl and have looked out the window to see if the cops are gone about 10 times since writing this post. I will definitely be thinking of things I can do for her that might be able to keep her mind off things. I don't even know if that is possible but I will try. These were not the pictures I intended to post this morning when talking about pictures but got me to download some of the other ones to a picture post is closer than I thought!! :o)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Cute family photo @ Sushi Ave.

Sorry to hear about the stuff that happened in your neighborhood. That's scary!

Katie Thomson said...

Thanks! Sushi Ave along with family & friends is making this decision to move the HARDEST! I wonder if Sushi Ave will ship? ha! :o)