Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. I think I won my contest. I have not officially gotten a call about winning but the website is still up and running so I am a little confused. Hopefully we can have a "Wahoo I Won!" Post tomorrow!
2. We took Rylee Rose swimming yesterday up at Paul's Mom and Dad's house. It was her first time in the pool and although it took her about a minute to get used to it....she loved it after that! We were there for about 15 minutes! FUN times there! She's too cute! (Even when she looks a little like Gilligan!)

This was the first picture! :o)

This one was after she realized that she can kick her feet and move around!

And this one was taken after she saw Daddy blowing bubbles in the water and wanted to try and do the same! TOO cute!

3. We ended up not going to Flagstaff this weekend, which I am really bummed about. We decided to go to Ikea and Costco Home. At Ikea, Paul got one of those chairs that you always see at Ikea in which they are pounding away at to see how many times you can sit in it without breaking. Just what we need....more furniture in our tiny house. At Costco Home we walked around the entire place 3 times to find out that they no longer have our "heaven" couches! So sad! They were the most comfortable couches EVER! I guess we should wait anyway till Rylee Rose is done being such a "happy spitter!"


4. After hearing the news story about Mike Tyson's 4 year old daughter getting her neck wrapped around the cord of a treadmill and is currently in extremely critical condition at St. Joe's Hospital, I don't think we will be picking up my mom's treadmill to add to our Arizona Room. Paul will just have to run outside in the 100 degree weather.

5. Rylee Rose is a CRAWLER! I don't know why parents are so anxious for their kids to reach all these milestones. Gone are the days where I could lay her on her playmat, take a shower, dry my hair and then go find Rylee Rose laying EXACTLY where I left her! Not anymore! One of us has to be in the room with her at all times because she is DETERMINED to crawl to Paul's new chair (which I think she thinks is for her now) and try to pull herself up to stand. She will fall over and over again, bump her little head and continue to try again. She is so determined and will NOT give up. She doesn't even cry when she bumps her head. Most kids cry when they catch there parents looking at them, Rylee Rose thinks it time to cry when we are NOT looking at her! Stinker! I think she will be walking very soon....which just means more trips to Babies R Us for more baby proofing the house materials!

6. I received a call from the surgeon's office sometime last week and never bothered to listen to the message until Rylee was playing with the phone one day this weekend, pushed the message button on the phone, along with the speaker button and out came the message that the OR is closed on July 3rd and we need to reschedule Rylee's surgery for another day. SO glad she wanted us to hear that! I don't think I would have ever played that message because I didn't recognize the number so I just figured it was a message I didn't need to hear. So smart that Rylee Rose is! She is going to be smart like Paul I think! :o)

7. I wanted a Wii Fit for a long time! Paul searched high and low weeks and weeks before Christmas to get me one. (Some how I always choose the "hot" item for Christmas) He found one, surprised me with one and I still have yet to use it. SAD! But don't worry! Someone in our house is getting some use of it! It hasn't gone to complete waste!! :o)




8. It is 9:00 in the morning and I still don't know what to do with Rylee Rose after school today. Paul doesn't know if he can get her. I can take her to my mom's work but I don't know how to put the base for the car seat in without the latch system. I could take her to dinner with the teachers and I but I am sure that's not what they think of a relaxing dinner after school. Oh what to do!

9. I did not cheat on this Ten on Tuesday post! SO proud of myself!

10. What am I going to have to post about in the summer!?! I have never sat home with a six month old before and not worked. People ask me what I am going to do all summer and I really have NO idea. (Miss the extra money for one thing!) I am sure at the rate Rylee is crawling and pulling herself up....she will keep me PLENTY busy!! :o) Maybe I can go find my to do list from Spring Break and get working on that!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Can you bring Rylee here? What's one more kid in this crazy house!??? Then, you can pick her up when you are done! I will be here!

I think you belong in the South where people have two names with your Rylee Rose! I thought I used my Tyler Gracie often, but DAMN, you are truly Southern! I think your Emmalee would have been PERFECT!

Karissa said...

I love the swimming pictures of Rylee! She looks like she is really enjoying it :)

I am so jealous that you guys have an Ikea!! I would give anything to have one closer than 5 hours away!!

It only gets worse with the mobility! Wait till she can actually GET INTO things! Leila is everywhere and she doesn't quite understand no yet so it is a nightmare! I can tell she is starting to kind of get "no" because she will look at me, give me a diva look, and continue what she shouldn't be doing!

Hope you worked out your dinner situation :)

XOXO