Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. Don't forget to vote for me! Find every computer at your workplace, go into Apple stores and use their computers (thanks Lauren!), find schools with classroom sets of computers, and pass on my email to everyone you know! The link is below to vote for Katie! It really only takes a second out of your day!

2. Let's review Paul's adventurous past couple of days. Went wakeboarding on Thursday and then went to San Diego Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Once again...oh the life of Paul! I bet his blog would be much more exciting than mine! Maybe we could call it "Paul Thomson: Adventure Seeker that also attempts to garden!" HA! (By the way, all I hear is how everything is dead in his garden and that there is one green tomato that is the size of a skittle!)

3. We had Rylee's surgeon appointment last Wednesday, which was the same day I found out I was in the final 5 for my contest so it was a little overshadowed. The doctor said everything looked good and we scheduled the second, and hopefully the last surgery for her nevus sebaceous. The doctor thought she could get it all in one more surgery so we are hoping for the best! It is scheduled for July 3. We figured since Rylee really isn't a fan of the loud noises we wouldn't be attending any fireworks so this day would work just fine!

4. Only two more weeks of school left for me! Wahoo! I cannot WAIT till Summer!

5. Yay for the Howell family finding a new adobe to live in! I am so excited about the pool! Wahoo! I will be coming over LOTS!

6. I have blown the whole no eating out in the month of May thing! I think I am up to 10 times for cheating! It's SO hard!! I am just trying to stick with trying not to eat out as much. I obviously didn't succeed with NO eating out so I guess I will just have to try with not eating out as much! Oh well. I might give it a shot again next Lent.

7. We have the opportunity to go to Flagstaff this weekend. I thought we were going for sure but then I just found out that Costco Home is closing in Tempe so I have a dilemma. Costco Home to see if the best, most comfortable couches are on clearance or to Flagstaff where it is a good 30 degrees cooler than Phoenix?!? Oh the dilemma!

8. My principal wants the kids to spend their time tomorrow during computer day voting for me in my contest. How do I explain to kids' parents that I had them sit and vote on Johnjay and Rich . com? How do that I tie that in to a fourth grade curriculum? Hmm....?

9. I have to pack up my WHOLE entire classroom in two weeks since it is going to be turned into the future office. The kindergarten room will then move to the office and then I move to the old Kindergarten room. I was dreading this whole move but I started yesterday and it's not as bad as I thought. So far I have found another Dolce Spa and Salon gift card and a ten dollar Starbucks gift card! WAHOO. I have only been in this classroom 5 years and I never thought I would have so much trash collected. Or such WONDERFUL things to find?!?!

10. I am hoping my number 1 on my Ten on Tuesday next week is "Wahoo! I WON!" :o)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Ok! We're gonna win you this contest!! When is it over, though??

Karissa said...

Everyone at my work has voted!! They all also forwarded on the email to their address books! We're pimping your grill gal!!

Paul does live quite the life! I don't even tell Josh half of it and he is super jealous :)