Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

I should have no problem filling this Ten on Tuesday since I missed a week in there!

1. I missed last week's T on T since I was at the airport and then went to Chili's for lunch and then came home to cook dinner for 12 people. Paul's niece Amanda is in town from NYC and it was a surprise for everyone! Rylee has been so happy having someone other than me to play with! (Amanda is 19 but she plays with Rylee and keeps her entertained while I cook dinner! She is NOT returning to NYC if I have anything to say about it!)


2. Before I left for the airport, I was making a dessert and Rylee was playing with the items on the bottom shelf of the pantry. I was just about to scoop out the melting ice cream for the dessert when CRASH! Rylee was sitting on the floor (the newly washed floor I might add) in the middle of a big puddle of olive oil and glass. (My mistake of the week!) She was previously playing with a salad dressing bottle and I did not realize that the bottle of olive oil behind it was glass. I scooped her out of the mess, washed her off, put her in her crib so she couldn't crawl through the glass and went to mop my floors again! Oh the joys of cleaning oil off tile! NOT FUN!

3. We had Rylee's six month check up last week as well. She weighed in at 17 pounds, 11 ounces and is 27 inches long. These are both in the 75th percentile. She is in the 90th percentile for her head which was 17.5, yay for a c-section is all I have to say. The doctor was very impressed with her crawling and pulling herself up already. He said that babies don't usually start doing these things until 7-9 months. Go Rylee!

4. We had a wonderful Father's Day. Rylee Rose was also baptized on Sunday as well! It was a busy, fun-filled day. We do things a little differently in the Thomson household. Rylee has two godmothers, my sister and Paul's sister, and she was also baptized in a tutu and a big flower bow! Too Cute!!



5. Paul's side of the family is doing a big family picture on July 4th in the morning and the lady that does my hair is not working on July 3rd. Does anyone have any suggestions of a not too expensive of a place to go. I would even settle for a place just to get it blow dried. I HATE blow drying my own hair! It's too wavy/curly to get it exactly the way I want it!

6. I think that Rylee might be a fish like Paul. I would not be surprised if she loves snorkeling and scuba diving. She gets fussy right when getting in the water but then loves it after that! Content as can be! Paul even dunked her all the way under on Sunday (we thought another baptism would be good) and she didn't even cry! What a trooper!

7. We are getting ready to buy Rylee's next step up car seat. This is a big decision. Britax has a new car seat (pic below) out that has side impact cushions that would cushion against the window during a crash and would cushion another passengers head during a crash. Now do I spend the additional $50 and go for the new one, or do I just get the next one down since we normally don't have an additional passenger riding in the back with her? When it comes to the safety of your child, $50 is NOTHING! But does God already have a plan for her whether she is sitting in a $370 car seat or a $150 one?

8. How come it is the end of June and I have not paid child care in a month and I have no extra money to show for it! SO ANNOYING!! July better be a different story!

9. Oh Shocker! The work at my school still hasn't been started on so I still don't have a classroom and all my stuff is in boxes. Does this mean that fourth grade doesn't have to start school until all the work is done!?! That would be SUPER! (Unlikely, but SUPER!)

10. We got a super deal on a room at the Arizona Grand and we booked it for Labor Day weekend. It will be super busy I am sure but I am looking forward to it! Our first "vaca" is at a Scottsdale hotel for a night. We are all over these "Stayca's" they are advertising around here. Oh, and maybe a trip to Las Vegas this weekend but we have to drive now since we left it to the last minute and I HATE driving! :o( But I LOVE Las Vegas!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Weworski said...

The tutu is too-too cute!