Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ten on Tuesday (in Numbers)

Well here it goes. 10 numbers that sum up my first 96 hours as a stay-at-home mom (for 2 and a half months!) :o) And I thought I was going to have NOTHING to write about! Ha! I could have started this list at 20!

Ten. The number of times that I have thought of calling Inez already to see when the first day she is available to take Rylee Rose for the day. I think it might be a good thing that she doesn't live so close. :o) She actually gets to go on Wednesday while I am at my dentist appointment.

Nine. The number of times I have walked into her room seeing this in the morning or from a nap! Too cute!

Eight. The number of advil I have taken! Backaches, headaches, need sleep ache! I thought I had my child young....I feel so old though!

Seven. The number of items I forgot when at Fry's yesterday since the stinker ate my list while shopping! Now we have to go back again! Yuck!
Six. The number of times that Rylee has screamed so hard that we have had to go outside to calm her down. (She LOVES being outdoors!) She is so persistant on pulling herself up on the coffee table that she does not realize that she will fall down since her legs aren't that sturdy yet! To solve the problem....coffee table OUT!

Five. The number of pillows it takes to surround little Miss Rylee in hopes to break one of those falls. Maybe we need more! (The picture shows where the coffee table used to be!)


Four. The number of times I swear I have thought she has said Mom. This is usually while eating so I could be getting it confused with "Mmm" but I am going to go with MOM. Close enough! :o)

Three. The number of purchases I have made from Etsy for Rylee since I have been on Summer Vacation! Yay for some cute bows! Hoping for some 6 month pictures on Sunday.

Two. The number of times that Rylee has cried when I have left her sight. This is NOT a good thing since she will be going back to "Camp Gomez" in two and a half months. I could not bear having to hear her cry every morning when she left school. It would make me way too sad! Here's hoping to a good drop off on Wednesday!

One. The number of glasses of wine that I have had since Friday at 10:00 a.m. I think there is something seriously wrong with this number!

Zero. The number of times that I have slept in this summer vacation. :o(
I guess these days are over!
*One Million* The number of kisses that Rylee Rose gets per day! How could you not with this little face?!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Your wine to cry/injury/wanting to take her to Inez's house doesn't seem correct, if you would like the correct ratio, please contact me immediately! Maybe this is why I drink so much wine-because I have to double the amount of wine because I have double the issues! Hmmmm, something to think about!

How can going outside make her stop crying. Stepping outside make me want to cry it is so flipping hot!

Katie Thomson said...

She loves outdoors. I don't know why! I am doing everything in my power so she doesn't cry now because I don't want to go outside because of the heat!

Karissa said...

Funny!! I totally removed my coffee table also!! Something that I think your sister was not a fan of, but we all pick and choose our battles. LOL! Or maybe it was the fact that I was talking about removing all the curtains in the house because Malakai would role over to them and tug, tug, tug, till they fell down :)

Love the pics!!

XOXO

Colleen said...

That is so funny, I totally rolled my eyes when my mom told me that Katie removed the coffee table. However, I didn't remember that you had done it until you mentioned it, so I guess that shows everyone how important my opinions are-even to myself!

I am sure we have all done things that others roll their eyes at, but at this point in my life, I just don't care. We all have super smart, wonderful kids that are LOVED!

I am sure you guys have had plenty an eye roll at me putting my kids to bed at 6, I know some friends here have!

Katie Thomson said...

Well the table moving worked for us yesterday. It's just the moving it back in part that I am scared of since she might just go back to doing it again. But maybe her legs will be more steady....