Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

I seriously do NOT have ten things to write about this week. This has probably been the hardest Ten on Tuesday yet. Well here goes nothing....

1. I want to get Rylee's ear's pierced SO bad! We were so close to going two weekends ago and then remembered that when you go into surgery that they make you take off all jewelry so we weren't sure if hers would close up in that small amount of time. It was ME that thought of this small detail and totally had Paul ready to go. Ugh! We should have just went!! Those pictures would have been a tad bit cuter with earrings. (If that's even possible!)

2. Summer is going to FLY by. Rylee and I do at least one thing a day so we aren't stuck inside and bored! Today we were out of the house by 7:30 and waiting for the doors to open at Target. This was all so we could be the first ones in the door at Sprint at 9! Then Sprint tells me that it will take 45 minutes to see what is wrong with my phone. An hour later I return for them to tell me that they can't fix it because it has liquid damage and it is covered under insurance but for a $100 deductible. If I am going to be paying $100 then it will be for an upgraded phone! Besides, it is working...for now...

3. Rylee is officially non swaddled, non pacifier, learning to drink out of a sippy cup big girl! The swaddle and pacifier have been gone since middle of May and our sippy cup adventure began this week. I have kept one pacifier just in case for the hospital. She probably won't take it but I just want her happy as can be that day.

4. My money has been well spent on Etsy so far! Rylee has received SO many compliments of all her bows! Everywhere I go someone comments on her bow. Even yesterday at Macy's a guy commented on her pretty flower! Go figure! I LOVE IT! I will have to start taking pictures of these cute bows in her hair!

5. My one mistake, in regards to sleeping habits with Rylee (there are PLENTY of other mistakes that could be a whole other post!) is her not being able to fall asleep on her own. She has always been a wiggle worm, a go-go baby. It was always my thing that I would rock her to sleep since it was really my only time to hold her. She RARELY falls asleep without been held and rocked. I am trying to put her in her crib sleepy but not asleep but she just cries for what seems like forever. I will go in, hold her and she will fall fast asleep within a minute. Today, when on the phone with my sister, she heard Rylee crying and then Tyler started to cry and then Rylee stopped. Hmm....I might have to call the Howell household everyday during Rylee's nap time. I know all the baby books say not to rock them and hold them before they are asleep, but I couldn't help it and now I am trying to do something about it. Truthfully, I will miss holding her because in a blink of an eye, she will be too big to even hold and rock!

6. Her nap started at 3:30 when I started this post and now it is 4:00 and I hear her crying. That was NOT long enough. Especially since Paul is still in Florence for work and I don't even know how long it takes to get back but one parent plus one cranky baby does not equal a fun night! :o( Crap! Maybe it was cause I forgot to change her diaper before her nap! See I told you there could be a whole "Mistake" post. Coming soon for your reading pleasure!

7. I go to the grocery store once a week buy tons of food and I am SO sick of cooking! I sit and think of all the places I want to go and eat and I just continue to use my electricity and heat up my house when it's already 100 degrees outside. I am craving some Mexican food and some Olive Garden! YUM! I haven't even eaten out a lot since my May no eating out madness!

8. Now it's 4:34 and the problem was hungry. She just downed a small jar of Macaroni and Cheese dinner and a container of Hawaiian Delight Dessert. Nutritious I know. Good ol' Gerber! Just so you know (and I checked) the Macaroni and Cheese dinner did have sweet potatoes in it! I didn't feel too bad after that.

9. While in there feeding her, I really don't know how single parents do this. I am giving a shout out to my friend Mel at school who has raised her two kids pretty much all alone. When these days seem long and I can't wait for Paul to get home to help out, I can't imagine what it would be like to never have that relief when you need it! She did an amazing jog raising her two kids as a single parent. Props to her!

10. Now off to start my first glass of wine for the night. It's 4:38 and I still haven't heard from Paul that he is on his way home so Cheers to everyone! Maybe my sister will be my friend today since I am drinking! (Read her blog, Howell Family, Ten on Tuesday to get that point!) *And off to change the stinkiest diaper EVER! Geez that was fast. TMI I know!

6 comments:

Karissa said...

Tell sprint it only cost 200 to break your contract so you'll do that and join att so you get a free I phone. That's what I did and they waived my 100 deductable :)
Yeah for no binky, wish I could say the same for leilicious!
XOXO

Katie Thomson said...

I am totally going to do that next time! YAY. Thanks for the help!

Colleen said...

Did any of your other readers find it funny that it was 4:38 and you hadn't heard from Paul that he was on his way home!???? At 4:38 I am usually opening a bottle of wine and hoping, praying that Pat will be home at a decent hour! Maybe this summer will teach you how much stay at home moms really do drink! YOU are on the right path grasshopper!

Tonight, Pat has a meeting with a lighting expert that starts at 8, thankfully you are coming over to keep me company, YAY! See you lates!

Katie Thomson said...

Paul is usually home buy 4:15/4:30, but then again he leaves at 5:45 (sometimes this week at 4:45) in the morning! The Thomson's don't do the 9 to 5 thing! :o)

Colleen said...

You did the 's thing again!!!!

Colleen said...

PS-I would like to meet the family that does 9-5, and then I would like to be them in my next life!