Friday, March 20, 2009

Pregnant, Camcorders, and Conventions

We will start with the first one. Pregnant.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

No I am not. But thought I was.....Could you even IMAGINE?!!?
Supposedly the Nuva Ring can fall out without you even knowing!! Who knew!?! So off I went to the gynecologist yesterday to have her "check" for my nuva ring. Nope, not there....pregnancy test next. LONGEST 5 minutes of my life! NEGATIVE. (I guess I am not really in the clear yet....keep y'all posted around the 25/26)
While I was there I asked some questions about IUD's since this "ring" thing was not for me anymore. I used the ring four years prior to Rylee Rose....never had an issue. Back then (a year ago) it was forty dollars....it has now jumped to a whopping sixty dollars!! WTF?! It would be cheaper for me to have a baby every year ($500) on my insurance than it would be to prevent a pregnancy. (I work for a Catholic School.....I guess that should explain some things!) But let's not forget that my work doesn't give you ANY maternity leave and you have to take short term disability. So I call up my insurance company this morning and SHOCKER....they don't cover IUD's either. Go figure. I did learn a lot at my OB visit though. My appointment was with the RN Nurse and gave me SO much information. NEVER knew that you could just walk into the office, without an appointment and tell them you need a pregnancy test. That could have saved me a lot of money last year. (Paul's comment to that was: "You probably have to pay your $35.00 copay every time though." I don't think so....but I don't really know) She also gave me TWO samples of the Nuva Ring after I asked her for one before I left. She probably felt bad for me after telling me that the IUD's run about $800.00 if your insurance doesn't cover them. But good news...Mirena has a credit card that you can just sign up for and pay monthly. OH GREAT!
So my new theory is that I am going to make an appointment for the OB-GYN every two months and make up some symptom that I need to be seen for and pay my $35.00 co-pay and ask for two samples of birth control every time. Do you think they will catch on?

Camcorders
Paul, Rylee and I headed out for some sushi last night to celebrate our anniversary! YUM! We went right after Rylee ate at 4:30 and hoped for the best. She sat in her car seat for about 10 minutes and the rest of the time she was held by either Paul or I. She wasn't really cranky...but I could tell she would have been happier playing on a mat. When we left the restaurant it was time for her nap so she fell asleep right away so we headed to Target. Paul is ADDICTED to Target clearance and found a camcorder for a steal! I would love to post a picture of it but I have NO clue which one it is. I was busy off in other departments finding steals of my own!
I can't wait to learn how to download some cute videos!

Conventions
This morning while I was supposed to be getting ready for work, Paul found me at the computer catching up on blogs! I told him I have become ADDICTED (maybe the post title should have been "Addictions") to blogging! You can get so caught up in people's blogs. Then you find more people on their friends lists and so on. I am addicted to people's lives that I don't even know! I need to spend more time with the people that I DO know rather than worrying about what the people I DON'T know are doing!
Anyway...so then Paul was talking about setting up his scuba diving trip that he wants to go on. This was our conversation:

Me: It must be nice to live your life. Scuba Diving, Flying, Snowboarding....(he recently went flying with his cousin and snowboarding with his friends, all within 3 days!)

Paul: Yeah, it kinda is. You can go do things that you love to do. Why don't you go to a blogging convention?!

I couldn't even respond, I was CRACKING UP. But the more I think about it....what a GREAT idea. Then I could spend more time with the people I do know without having to be ADDICTED to reading their blogs. Then I could actually say that I know some of these people! Let's get this convention started!

*Pictures on next post!

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Surely this one will get a comment from mom!!!!

Katie Thomson said...

YAY! That will make it all worth it!

Roberta said...

Pregnant?????????
What is it like to live Paul's life!!!!!!

Katie Thomson said...

A comment from Grandma Bobbi! YAY! I knew it would happen one day. Well I guess we all know how my family would feel about a second baby Thomson :o)

Katie Thomson said...

Maybe the second "in the closet" reader will come out and post a comment on his life!

Colleen said...

Since Pat doesn't read or comment, I will comment, that I think everyone in the Howell house wonders what it is like to live Paul's life!

Again, do I need to remind you that it is supposed to be Bobbee!!!!

You could go to a gambling convention, but I can't come with because you are no fun when you lose, and you get ZERO joy when I win!

Karissa said...

I am seriously laughing out loud at work right now!

A. I have the Mirena and LOVE it!! However, my insurance covered it at the time. Now it wouldn't since I work for a Catholic Hospital so I made them do it days before my insurance changed :)

B. As the manager of a medical office....YES we would catch on! We have special names for you people that you don't want to know! Ha Ha!

C. Sign up for the next BlogHer convention! A lot of the "popular" bloggers I read go to it and it sounds like a blast!! Girls weekend!!

XOXO

Katie Thomson said...

Paul reads....just doesn't post or comment. Sad.

Oohh. I would SO go to a gambling convention! How fun! I think that a trip to Vegas would just satisfy me though. There's another Girl's Weekend idea! Karissa-I think you are on to something here. I am owed a weekend away! :o)

No one likes LOSING money. And everyone and anyone needs money these days (except Paul I guess) so YAY for EVERYONE winning!

And Karissa-NO WAY people actually do that!?! Can't you tell them they can't keep coming in for free birth control? I can't even believe that it happens! I would rather go into debt going to the pharmacy for mine than to be called names behind my back at the doctors office!