Monday, March 16, 2009

Hospital Visit #1

Rylee Rose was such a trooper Friday morning! We had to be at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. and we were right on time. We were in and out of admitting in about 10 minutes and we were all ready to go into surgery by 6:30. What to do with a 3 month old for an hour and a half!?! To our amazement, she was SUPER good! She sat on Paul's lap with her bunny and eventually fell asleep with me. She was so calm and so well behaved! I just hope the same happens in 3 more months for stage 2. Good news out of the surgery was that the doctor got 70% of her nevus sebaceous and will probably only have to go back for one more stage and not two more! Thank goodness! She goes to the doctor in 2 months for a check-up and then we will schedule the next one that day. The scar is A LOT longer than I though it would be but I guess they know what they are doing. No more big bald spot...just one BIG scar! Hopefully it will fade and become lighter soon. She is back to her happy self...playing and laughing along! Of course some crankiness was expected! We only gave her infant Tylenol twice. Such a Thomson Trooper!
There was one up side to the hospital trip....the cafeteria! It did make the hour wait go by SO much faster and we all ate for SO cheap. If any of you are ever on a small budget and need to feed a big family for CHEAP...St. Joe's hospital is the place to go! My sister's favorite...her 75 cent pancake!

Waiting so patiently! This bunny comes EVERYWHERE with us now. She sees it and SMILES so big!
Waiting for the doctor and anaesthesiologist. Rylee had the SAME anaesthesiologist that Jackson had! What a crazy, small world! He was so nice and all the nurses LOVE him. They told us he is the best one and he used to be a pediatrician. How can I book Stage 2 with the same one?!

This picture was taken Friday when we came home from the hospital. She was ready to play! I tried to capture the little mohawk she came home with but it's so thin...u can barely see it.


This picture was also taken Friday when we got home from the hospital. My sister says it looks SO much better already. I will have to take pictures when she wakes up from her nap and download them. The purple/blue mark above the scar is where the doctor marked the bald spot. The bald spot is 70% gone so hopefully only one more time!

Being a Queen in Mommy and Daddy's bed!

Cousin Jackson looking so cute! They came over Saturday night to visit Rylee Rose and bring us dinner! How sweet! Thanks guys! (Jackson's hair was in the cutest, curliest ponytail right before this picture. Pat too it out WAY too quick before I got a picture of it!)

Giving Bunny hugs! So cute!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

OMG-the scar looks so much lighter in that picture!!!! It won't be long until you don't notice it anymore!!!

I think my favorite, favorite was the 50 cent egg and 25 cent toast, MMmmmmm, I would totally take Jackson there for breakfast one morning if I wasn't so scared of the germs that I feel hospitals harvest!

Lauren said...

Yay! I'm so happy that everything went so well! She definitely is a trooper! The best part?? She won't even remember the whole process!