Sunday, March 8, 2009

Oh the Drinks I would drink!!!

My Lenten promise of no alcohol for 40 days turned into ALL drinks besides water for 40 days!! This was Paul's "brilliant" idea and my stupidity for going along with it! I know it's only 40 days but sometimes you just want some FLAVOR in your life! The funny thing is...it's not even the alcohol that I want anymore! (I guess not having it for nine months made me used to not having it.) So I thought since I couldn't drink all that I wanted to, I would post about them for some satisfaction. I'll let you know when I am done if it satisfied anything or just made me want them even more!

First....just some juice. So easy! And it didn't help much that found a new fabulous flavor of Ocean Spray juice right before these 40 days! And to make matters worse...it was on sale for $1.98 (when usually they are around $4.00 a jug) right before Lent started so I have about 3 of them waiting for me in my pantry! Ugh!

I guess it's so new that it wasn't even mentioned on their site when trying to find a picture but Cran-Mango was mentioned and haven't seen that in the stores! My juice of choice is their Cran-Pomegrante!

The next one is so bad that I sometimes find my self thinking I am actually SMELLING it. I am not even addicted to caffeine like some people. I don't wake up CRAVING caffeine and I don't need it to get through my day. But I do miss these:
A White Chocolate Mocha! Yum!

The next one is the drink I usually have with dinner since I usually don't drink caffeine after I get home from work. I don't need anything interrupting this girl's sleep! It's basic and simple...just has FLAVOR!
A glass of Gatorade. Any flavor really...not picky!

And the last is...yes. A glass of wine. It's not so much the taste or need for it. It's just when everyone is having some alcohol you want some too! Or being told that we are going to be no fun since we are not drinking. (Numerous people have told us this!) I guess I can agree with y'all about Paul cause he usually is but are we all saying that I wasn't fun for a recent nine months!?! I don't even drink that much to begin with!! It's not so much at home that I miss the occasional glass of wine....it's when we go out to dinner, have people over, or at someone's house. It's the social aspect of it all.



So there was no satisfaction at the end of this. Just makes me dred my next meal that will be accompianied by a boring glass of water! 35 more days of this! Wahoo. :o(

I know it's suppose to be hard, otherwise it wouldn't be a sacrifice....but this one is WAY tough! My first thought was giving up eating out but we had my sister's birthday dinner planned already and our anniversary falls in the middle of Lent too. So for the whole month of May I am going to challenge myself NOT to eat out once! The whole month. And to top that off....I am going to try and make something different EVERY night of the month! (I don't even know if I know 31 different meals?) I just must like to torture myself!

Yes...35 I said because if you have ever counted....(Which I have) Lent is really 46 days because it doesn't include the Sundays. When Paul gave up alcohol 2 years ago we found this out and he drank on Sundays. We haven't yet....but would you?

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I am not eating meat on Sundays, so no, I wouldn't drink on Sundays, but you are RIDICULOUS! I could never do what you are doing!! Are you going to be jealous of my drink tonight!??