Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Working Mom

Back to work for me! Monday was my first day back to teaching since Rylee was born. It was so sad but I had eight enjoyable weeks getting to know my baby girl. Rylee still gets to come with me to work in the morning and Miss Inez picks her up and then drops her off at school when she picks up her kids at my school. Good thing Rylee loves the car because she is certainly in it A LOT!! There are definitely pros and cons to being a stay at home mom and I know I only had a eight week taste of it.....I do miss it....sometimes.

Things I miss about being home:
  • My house being SUPER clean!! There were never any dishes in the sink. All the clutter was gone. All the laundry was caught up! My house has never looked so good :o)
  • Going out to lunch and having more than 25 minutes to enjoy my food!!
  • Having this cute little girl that depends on me to feed her, entertain her, and clean her! I miss getting to see her face 24/7.
  • Not being scared that I would miss a milestone and jealous that someone else gets to experience all the cute things she does.
  • Being all caught up on Blogs and emails.
  • Getting to go to the grocery store and mall in the middle of the day when it's not so crazy busy because mostly everyone else is at work.
  • Not having to yell at fourth graders all day and try to get them back on my rules, not the substitute rules. (They must have gotten to talk all day long with the sub!) I think I have set a record for 2 detentions and 4 people to the office already! I have been at work for a total of 10 hours!
Things I will not miss so much:
  • Having to clean my house ALL the time. I felt like I should be cleaning all the time since I was home all day. Like that was my job then....like it was an obligation. :o(
  • Having my longer than 25 minute lunch interrupted. I get to sit at work and talk to adults with 25 whole UNINTERRUPTED minutes to eat my food. No crying babies there!
  • Not having my day revolve on a 3 hour schedule. Everything was done at 5, 8, 11, 2, 5, and 8. Now I am responsible for 3 out of the six feedings. Not too bad. (Unless we are talking about last night where Paul fed Rylee at 5 and then she fell asleep at 6:30. We both fell asleep with the TV and lights on at 7:30 and Paul didn't wake up until 9:00, which then woke me up!! We decided after much debate to let her keep sleeping and I would wake up with her in the middle of the night. She did not wake up again until 4:30!! Not too bad....only 1/2 hour off schedule! Those exercises that Miss Inez is doing...keep it up!! She was one tired baby!!)
  • That when Rylee does have a cranky moment that I am not the one that has to figure out what is wrong and have to soothe her. I am HORRIBLE at that. I am always thinking we are on our way to the ER every time she cries and it's not time to eat or sleep.
  • I still get to check emails and blogs at work. The students aren't with me ALL day. :o)
  • Going to the mall and grocery store when all the old people are out and about (I live in snowbird village!) and having to listen to all their comments about how I should not have a baby out when she is this young, how she is cold with what she has on, how she is probably hot with a blanket and the greatest question/comment of all...."How old is HE?" or "HE is so cute!" WHAT!?!? Do we not see the pink blanket with the pink diaper bag along with the pink bow in her hair!?! Seriously?!
  • Not having to worry about my fourth graders and wondering if they are learning all they are suppose to be! Which I believe they did because one of my students just asked if they were still going to be learning Spanish. They must have had a SUPER substitute. And unless I watch some more Dora and Diego...we will not be having Espanol class in my classroom.

We have chosen the best possible person to watch Rylee Rose and she is the best. Miss Inez has raised 5 SUPER kids and I know Rylee is in good hands and has 100% of Miss Inez's attention! She will be just as spoiled at her house as she is at ours. :o) One and a half days down and about 100 left to go before summer! :o) No cute pictures on this blog...next one I promise! I guess I have one more to add to "Things I miss about being home" list.....I had my camera with me ALL the time. I will have to take some pictures tonight so I have some new ones to post! :o)

No comments: