Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Picture Process with a 10 month old

I don't know HOW someone does this professionally or WHY they would choose to do this for fun! This 45 minute session was NOT fun! I understand that all professional photographers do not have 10 month olds in all sessions...but when they do...oh geez! I was sweating, crying, laughing, and at one point praying! All I wanted was one cute picture of my cute baby girl in her first Halloween costume....all my baby girl wanted was Mommy's camera! Umm...that's NOT going to work. Here's what I tried!

I tried giving her her own camera. That would end up in the pictures.


I would try taking the camera away real quick. This is what I would end up with.

I would try giving her pony. Then pony would just end up in the pictures!

I would try taking pony away....and she would run away...leaving me with this.

I would try a sippy cup.....
I would try hiding the can of cheese crackers in the trick-or-treat bag. Then I would get a picture where you could see the cheese crackers.

Or I would catch one with the cracker in her mouth!

In my mind, Rylee was going to sit on the couch, next to her nice monogrammed trick-or-treat bag so all could see her name and she would smile until I got the perfect shot. Instead, 75 shots later, I have a little stinker, sticking her hand into her bag, trying to fish out a cracker that are now thrown into there without the container with a lovely little smile that says "Okay, Mommy. All you want is a smile? I can do that for you." S-T-I-N-K-E-R!!! (That's what should be monogrammed on the bag!)

45 minutes later
a full container of cheese crackers
75 shots on my camera
a sippy cup full of juice
one container of deodorant (for Mommy!)

This is the final result....our little ladybug!



I just love her little costume and of course her too!! :o)
I don't know if I should have written this 3 weeks before Claire (photographer) is coming over to get Rylee's pictures. But Claire has SO much more patience(and skill) than I do!

3 comments:

Roberta said...

Cute

Sarah McK said...

What a darling little lady bug! I love it! You're definitely in the running! Thanks for playing!

the swope family said...

She is a cute little lady bug! Love how you posted all the outtakes!