Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. We have made it through 10 lessons of swim and I can see a progress with Rylee. I am hoping to continue in August with some more lessons because I would hate for her to come this far and the have to wait 11 more months just to learn it all over again!


2. I made these for dinner one night last week and I had HIGH hopes for them. #FAIL (If my sister says you can # in a text, then I am assuming you can # in a blog! ha!) Paul L.O.V.E.D. them but I was just not feeling it. Maybe it was because I spent 40 minutes making it all and then just wasn't' hungry by the time I was done! Does that happen to anyone else? (These only used the oven at 200 for a little bit to keep the tortillas warm, not bad!)


3. I think we should start a betting pool of who thinks (and who doesn't think) that I will be able to keep my Scotland suitcase under 50 pounds and will NOT have to pay the extra charge! I had to pay the extra charge one time for going to Vegas for a weekend. This is Scotland, for 2 weeks and with winter clothes! I feel like I should take a practice run! ha!


4. I love monsoon season! Where is it?


5. I am glad I didn't get those other shoes for Scotland that I had mentioned previously...(found a right one at one Macys, found the left one at a different Macys) because I found some C.U.T.E. shoes that I love even more. They were originally $80.00 and I got them for $27.00! Score! I would love to add a picture to my post but that leads me to Number 6....

6. Our computer that uploads the pictures by putting the memory card directly into the computer is currently getting a new hard drive (thank goodness for warranties!!). I still haven't found the cord for the camera so I am going to have boring posts with no pics for awhile....unless I find that cord!

7. I am having a technology crisis the past couple days and if I see Best Buy and Sprint again anytime soon I might have to scream! L.O.V.E technology but sometimes I just HATE it!

8. One month till school begins again and I have NO idea where the summer went. I really have nothing to show for it! Gym classes and swimming lessons for a little miss but that's about it! I am about 50% ready for students to enter the classroom and the rest will be finished this Friday. That's a miracle in itself. Usually I am there the day before scrambling to get ready! With a small class of only 21 kids...I am really having HIGH hopes for this year. (Please, oh please don't let me down!)

9. I am off to make enchiladas for dinner! So much for not using my oven in the summer! (That's what I get for asking Paul to help with the dinner menu before leaving for the grocery store. Learned my lesson with that one!)

10. And for my giveaway....I will just have to post it since there will be no pretty picture of what you will be getting! (unless I do a mad search through the last couple boxes!) So tomorrow it will be up. No picture is really needed...I just like posts with pictures SO much better!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I hope you have a great year!

Good question. Where are the monsoon storms?