Sunday, January 30, 2011

12 Weeks

Yes, you will be blessed with some weekly updates!! I don't have weekly belly pictures with Rylee so I don't think I will take them this time. I will try to post a picture every now and then though. I started this post sometime in week 11 and now getting around to posting it 12 weeks, 4 days.

12 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 12 Weeks
Size of baby: The size of a lime
Total Weight Gain/Loss: No loss, No gain.
Maternity Clothes: None yet. I did purchase a BellaBand though so I am hoping I won't have to buy too many maternity clothes.
Gender: I am thinking Boy!
Movement: I feel like I am feeling something but I know it's too early.
What I miss: Out of all things...LUNCH MEAT! I just need a nice turkey and cheese sandwich! :o)
Cravings: Watermelon! Ice cold Watermelon! Or any cold fruit.
Symptoms: Tired and Nauseous. I am hoping this leaves the second trimester!
Best Moment this week: NT Screening Bloodwork/Ultrasound.*


*Although it was great to see our baby, I would NOT suggest doing this if you are pregnant because you just lay there for an hour and a half full of worries. They spend the whole time trying to get a measure of the fluid behind the neck and if you have a baby like mine....it is NOT cooperating! Then you have your husband next to you not realizing what this "scan" is for all worried because he thinks the ultrasound lady is trying to find something that she can't find that is supposed to be there. Then he is all worried. Oh it was a good, hour and half of fun. I did not get this done with Rylee and would not do it again. Then the lady tries to take a guess at the gender in which she says is not 100% guaranteed and not to go out and buy paint and keep receipts of everything you buy because "all babies look similar at 12 weeks." So she guessed boy! I will show you some pictures I found on the internet that were rather fascinating. I had NO idea how really alike they really do look at this stage! They don't look between the legs at this stage, they look at the profile! The first picture is boy and second is girl. Our definitely looked like the first one!





We still have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday for the results of the bloodwork for them to give our 1/? number for what our chances of our baby having Down's Syndrome or 3 other syndromes they test for. And we wait another 6 weeks for our 18 week gender scan ultrasound.

No comments: