Friday, September 19, 2008

Who would have thunk?!?


So this is the best picture I could find to explain what exactly I was doing in order to get the sharp pain on the right side of my stomach to go away. There was only one crazy person...ME and I was laying on a comfy bed.
My pain in my stomach had been for about 3 days when I finally didn't know what to do anymore. I thought maybe it was the baby's foot or hand pushing on my skin. I had watched an episode of Baby Story one day when the baby boy on the show was born without four of its fingers. The doctor on the show said that it was probably due to the fact that it was pressed up against the mother and didn't have time to develop. Ever since then, let me tell you that my baby has had no peace and quiet! I will push and jiggle my stomach every now and then just so I know she is moving about!! (Is there such a thing as "Shaken Baby Syndrome" inside the womb? Hmmm....)
Anyway, these pushes and jiggles were not helping and the pain kept on coming so I thought if I layed "upside down" then maybe she would float a different way. Well Paul thought it was the funniest thing he ever saw and my sister informed me 2 days afterwards that there is no gravity inside the stomach. I never knew! Lesson Learned: NO MORE "BABY STORY" FOR ME!
Something to look forward to: My 3D/4D ultrasound on Sunday! I will post the pics as soon as I get home! Let's still hope she is a girl in there. We still don't have a girl name and I don't have another 7 months to negotiate a boy name with my picky husband! I bet Baby Girl Thomson is hoping that I see all 10 fingers and all 10 toes on Sunday so she can sleep peacefully for the next 2 months!

1 comment:

Karissa said...

What would you do without your sister?! She is so smart! I'm excited to see the pics from the US. Let's not go another month inbetween blogs again :)

Can't wait to see you!

XOXO